Highlighted

The newest premiere pro crashes when opening a project (6 out of 7 times)

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe premire for 15 years. By far this is the worst expierence.
The automatically updated new version just doesn't open a project.
The bar of opening process just gets stuck at 70%. 
I have to force shutdown and restart the application.
Typically near 6 or 8th trial Premiere pro opens a project.
I am a professional editor and this totally hinder our workflow and watstes our time.
Tried many uninstall-installs already but the same problem. In my window 10 Premiere was totally fine until premiere automatically updated to v.15. This is bad.

premiere pro.jpg

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The newest premiere pro crashes when opening a project (6 out of 7 times)

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe premire for 15 years. By far this is the worst expierence.
The automatically updated new version just doesn't open a project.
The bar of opening process just gets stuck at 70%. 
I have to force shutdown and restart the application.
Typically near 6 or 8th trial Premiere pro opens a project.
I am a professional editor and this totally hinder our workflow and watstes our time.
Tried many uninstall-installs already but the same problem. In my window 10 Premiere was totally fine until premiere automatically updated to v.15. This is bad.

premiere pro.jpg

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing you media cache and trashing your user settings? There may be something in these that the new version is not happy with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clearing media cache and have not trashed old user setting. I should explore that.
This is so stupid of Adobe to make such a unreliable version. It causes too much trouble in our work flow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, another wise practice is simply creating a new project file in the new version. Then in the MediaBrowser panel navigate to and select the older version project file. Right-click, import, as this will take all the old information and metadata from that project file and properly rebuild it for the new version.

It tends to work far more reliably than simply opening an old project in a new version.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening new project has same problem. Just doen't open 6 out of 7 times. I've never had this experience in last 15 years.
Plus all my currently working documentary and TV segments are in old projects. This is so bad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't replicate this, sorry. It's working fine for me other than needing to use List view in Project panel to open bins & move things.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
mfergus LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with ver 14.5 using Windows 10, i9 processor, 64GB RAM, 1TBssd. Tried going back to 14.4, 14.3 - both work once or twice, but the the same thing happens. Tried clearing cache, rebooting between attempts, etc. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0