• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  PP CC crashed while editing today and when I attempted to open up the project I received a "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements" message.  I had been saving my project every 10 minutes, but the onlt "auto save" project that opens for me is from over 5 hours ago so I've lost a ton of work.  I tried the solutions on this forum, inlcuding loggin out of Adobe Cloud, restarting computer, then relogging back in and it that did not work.  I also tried opening up on a MacBook and got the same message.   Any possible way to recover all the work I've lost?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't sound likely. Give a try to starting a new project and then IMPORTing the old project in... it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I was able to go in and find a recent auto save that wasn't there when I checked previously fort some reason?  I'm all good now although I hope I don;t have another crash like that again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got going again. If you get a chance, try a new project and Import in from the corrupted one just to see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just doing a Save every 10 minutes is not going to work if your computer is planning to crash while editing. Nor should you rely solely on Auto Save.

Do a Save a Cope to another drive every so often.

Be thankful you have a copy with only 5 hours lost. You could have ended up with nothing.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good advice, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines