• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Source Compression type is not supported

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I am not a professional... yet. I've been trying to edit a music video but it turns out that over half of the footage is getting the above error or the equivalent whenever I try to do anything with it. I haven't found any program that can encode it differently and I've tried AME, HandBrake, Total Commander, & XMedia Recode. So far nothing can play or do anything with this footage. It is 4k from my friends Sony camera, I can get the details for which if necessary, and it's an MP4 file. Can anyone take a look at one of the files for me? I just need to know that they aren't corrupted or something also a way to actually use them would be good too. right now I just keep looking up programs that can turn it into some other file type but again nothing I've tried works so far.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, some additional details about the source footage would be helpful. Also, what version of Premiere Pro you are working with would also help. As far as the files being corrupted, I'm curious, are you able to play the MP4 files on the camera? Do they work there? While you're at it, you might be able to look up details about the source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I appreciate that response time. I'm on the latest version for all the adobe stuff (14.6). I'm trying to get more details about the footage but when I go to properties > Details it literally tells me nothing like its all blank. So I downloaded a program called Video Inspector to try to learn the Codec and it seems like this doesn't support the file type either. I did not record the footage myself but I'm confident that these shots had playback on the camera just fine because I was on set when we shot and we were watching the playback for every shot. I'm wondering if something could have happened going from the camera to my friend's computer, to my external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some more information: according to CodecInstaller it's Mac double encoded file so maybe that's because my friend has a mac. Also, it seems to think that it's corrupted, and also I remembered that some of the footage is from a 4k drone. Here is what Codec Installer said.

CodecInstaller.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw this is also me I accidentally created another account just now all I wanted to do was log in and reply disregard confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not mistaken, the files that come from Mac with a dot underscore (._) are just system files, it's not an actual video file. You should have the file with the same name but without the ._, that's the actual media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay perhaps that's the problem, thank you for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that's the case, better make sure your friend still has the files on his/her drive. Wouldn't want yourv friend removing the files thinking that you have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines