• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is not enough memory to import the requested file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing video into a Premiere Pro project. Whenever I try to load video footage into the project I get a message that reads, "There is not enough memory to import the requested file". The file that I attempted to import was only 105 MB. I store my media cache on a 1TB SSD drive. I cleared my media cache when this issue first started. It did not change a thing. Then, I loaded Premiere Pro but before opening a project, I cleared the entire media cache history. This method did not work. 

Next, I uninstalled the Adobe Creative Suite. After reinstalling the software, I opened a new project. But, I got the same message when I tried to import the video clip. By the way, I've tried other video clips at varying sizes. Still, I got the same message. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

By the way, I am using a Dell laptop with 16GB of memory. The system sets aside 11GB while using Premiere Pro. I am using the Windows 10, 64-bit operating system. 

Screenshot 2020-09-27 142723.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same issue with a Dell XPS 15. I've tried restarting, reinstalling, logging in/out, tried with and without the accelerated hardware option, clearing all the cache files. I cannot edit anything because I can't import footage due to this memory issue... I've even tried the BETA, but it crashes on launch... When I try viewing the footage in the media browser, it gives me the "Unsupported format or damaged file" error message. I'm out of ideas, and so is my IT department. This paid project is overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same thing for the past week.  Sometimes I can run the file through encoder then import.  That's the only work around I've found.  Basically, take an mp4 or whatever it is, pick a 1080 encoding preset... etc then it lets me import.  Works 20% of the time.

I'd really like this solved though.  It even impacts old projects.  Tried to reconnect some lost media in an old project and I got the same error through the locate media manager

I'm also on a Dell 64 bit, 32 gb ram, i7, windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your videos drivers.  That seems to have done the trick for me.

I have NVIDIA and Intel video cards.  I updated all my drivers, opened premiere, then I got a compatibility error... I followed the instructions from premiere and fixed the Intel compatibility, restarted.  Now I can import again.   So far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what instructions from Premiere are you referring to in regards to Intel compatilitly? Do you have a link to this?

I have since rolled back to version 4.2, where I'm not having the same issue. Granted, I'm now having an issue creating proxies as they're not showing up in Encoder. Exporting projects into Encoder seems to still work, however. So I'll make due for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pop of from adobe premiere sent me to this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am facing the same issue mentioned by @FrankJCrum , Also to let you know that my Intel and Nvidia drivers are updated too. I am not sure what could be the reason for this issue. What I know is everything was working fine, before the new update of premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue, just right after i updated my Premiere Pro!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that your Nvida driver is the studio version, and not the gaming version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good suggestion, as I had the gaming version. However, it did not fix the problem. I discovered that the problem was the windows version. I had Windows 10 version 1809, and noticed that the newest version of Lightroom required 1903 or above. I had my IT department update it, and now it works just fine. Other than this and making sure you have the studio driver, I also recommend going into the NVIDIA control panel and selecting the NVIDIA driver as the primary video card (not the internal Intel card, which is defaulted). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this issue yesterday. I had downloaded about 100 gifs and had trouble importing them to premiere. It blew my mind that i could drag over 10GB of actual video footage without issue and have trouble with some gifs. I did some googling and tried a bunch of different settings both in premiere and on my computer.

In my case the solution was actually very simple: some of the gifs were broken. For whatever reason, they had trouble opening up (just in file viewer) or were freeze-frames in stead of gifs. I looked through all of them (took like 5min max), deleted the broken ones, and voila. Now I could import everything at once again. So technically this isn't actually an issue with memory, but with the files and their encoding or something. At least, in my case.

I wanted to share this in case anyone will stumble upon it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting this error when trying to import video files.  "There is not enough memory to import the requested file(s)"  The files open fine in any other editing program. The files can be opened in media encoder.

Windows 10 Enterprise 1809

32 GB Ram

Intel i7

Plenty of SSD space

Adobe Premiere 2020 v14.7.0 Build 23

Troubleshooting Steps Completed.

Tried reencoding the files even though they work fine in other apps.

Installed all the latest intel graphics drivers.

Installed all the latest AMD graphics drivers.

Reinstalled Premiere Pro

Signed out and Signed back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed for me... cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

man, you almost saved my life!!!!!

Thank you, it was those fkng gifs in the same folder with other more important vidoes that were causing the trouble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting this error when trying to import video files in Windows 10, the same file works perfectly on the same Premiere Pro version in macOS Big Sur 11.0.1.  "There is not enough memory to import the requested file(s)"  The files open fine in any other editing program. The files can be opened in media encoder.

Windows 10 Enterprise 1809

32 GB Ram

Intel i7

Plenty of SSD space

Adobe Premiere 2020 v14.7.0 Build 23

Troubleshooting Steps Completed.

Tried reencoding the files even though they work fine in other apps.

Installed all the latest intel graphics drivers.

Installed all the latest AMD graphics drivers.

Reinstalled Premiere Pro

Signed out and Signed back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the fix from this photoshop video here - https://youtu.be/vtzCKKFahHE but utilised the knowledge for Premiere.
Solved this specific problem that had been plaguing me for freaking months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2/5/21 and I'm having this problem too. From what I understand there have been a few updates on premire since the intital post on Sept. 27, 2020.

Generally when adobe updates to fix one problem they create two more. 

I'm not sure what to do about this I'm trying out some of the solutions in the thread. If anyone else is coming upon this isssue in 2021 please add on to the thread. I don't think this has been directly addressed by Adobe yet as I haven't seen one of their mods directly post in the thread.

Thanks,

- The Acid Drip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facts. Dealing with the same issue rn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, upon reading this thread I just realize that maybe the problem might be the file itself. so I just did what I always do when I have a problem with my jpeg file, right-click the file and select edit, then windows paint will open then just save it or you can do CTR+S instead, then try to import again.
*this method only applies to the images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it. 

This issue showed up after updating my windows. I tried other videos none of them worked. Then I restart my laptop now that's working fine again. Try restarting you pc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines