Highlighted

There is not enough memory to import the requested file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing video into a Premiere Pro project. Whenever I try to load video footage into the project I get a message that reads, "There is not enough memory to import the requested file". The file that I attempted to import was only 105 MB. I store my media cache on a 1TB SSD drive. I cleared my media cache when this issue first started. It did not change a thing. Then, I loaded Premiere Pro but before opening a project, I cleared the entire media cache history. This method did not work. 

Next, I uninstalled the Adobe Creative Suite. After reinstalling the software, I opened a new project. But, I got the same message when I tried to import the video clip. By the way, I've tried other video clips at varying sizes. Still, I got the same message. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

By the way, I am using a Dell laptop with 16GB of memory. The system sets aside 11GB while using Premiere Pro. I am using the Windows 10, 64-bit operating system. 

Screenshot 2020-09-27 142723.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

There is not enough memory to import the requested file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble importing video into a Premiere Pro project. Whenever I try to load video footage into the project I get a message that reads, "There is not enough memory to import the requested file". The file that I attempted to import was only 105 MB. I store my media cache on a 1TB SSD drive. I cleared my media cache when this issue first started. It did not change a thing. Then, I loaded Premiere Pro but before opening a project, I cleared the entire media cache history. This method did not work. 

Next, I uninstalled the Adobe Creative Suite. After reinstalling the software, I opened a new project. But, I got the same message when I tried to import the video clip. By the way, I've tried other video clips at varying sizes. Still, I got the same message. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

By the way, I am using a Dell laptop with 16GB of memory. The system sets aside 11GB while using Premiere Pro. I am using the Windows 10, 64-bit operating system. 

Screenshot 2020-09-27 142723.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same issue with a Dell XPS 15. I've tried restarting, reinstalling, logging in/out, tried with and without the accelerated hardware option, clearing all the cache files. I cannot edit anything because I can't import footage due to this memory issue... I've even tried the BETA, but it crashes on launch... When I try viewing the footage in the media browser, it gives me the "Unsupported format or damaged file" error message. I'm out of ideas, and so is my IT department. This paid project is overdue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same thing for the past week.  Sometimes I can run the file through encoder then import.  That's the only work around I've found.  Basically, take an mp4 or whatever it is, pick a 1080 encoding preset... etc then it lets me import.  Works 20% of the time.

I'd really like this solved though.  It even impacts old projects.  Tried to reconnect some lost media in an old project and I got the same error through the locate media manager

I'm also on a Dell 64 bit, 32 gb ram, i7, windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your videos drivers.  That seems to have done the trick for me.

I have NVIDIA and Intel video cards.  I updated all my drivers, opened premiere, then I got a compatibility error... I followed the instructions from premiere and fixed the Intel compatibility, restarted.  Now I can import again.   So far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what instructions from Premiere are you referring to in regards to Intel compatilitly? Do you have a link to this?

I have since rolled back to version 4.2, where I'm not having the same issue. Granted, I'm now having an issue creating proxies as they're not showing up in Encoder. Exporting projects into Encoder seems to still work, however. So I'll make due for now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pop of from adobe premiere sent me to this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0