Highlighted

This effect requires GPU acceleration unsupported metal Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm still going to try. When I drag an Inmersive video effect,VR Glow, onto a clip I get that message. The GPU is  AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, on project settings-renderer Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)- Depecrated, my operating system is High Sierra(I can´t update). Can I do something besides buy a new computer? I know the The decision to depreciate OpenCL is not Adobe's but Apple's 

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

This effect requires GPU acceleration unsupported metal Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm still going to try. When I drag an Inmersive video effect,VR Glow, onto a clip I get that message. The GPU is  AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB, on project settings-renderer Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)- Depecrated, my operating system is High Sierra(I can´t update). Can I do something besides buy a new computer? I know the The decision to depreciate OpenCL is not Adobe's but Apple's 

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VR effects are meant for VR clips: hence the error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m usin a VR clip.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, got it. Which version of Premiere are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to tell you this, but that MacBook Pro is already in "obsolete" status at Apple itself. And its GPU does not support Metal at all - only OpenCL or software-only. And since you cannot upgrade the GPU at all, then you must get a newer computer in order to continue using hardware acceleration in Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I didn´t think so

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0