Highlighted

This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble putting effects onto my clips for a video that i am trying to edit and the message that pops up on the playback is "This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration." I have a Geforce RTX 2080 Super in my build and have the NVIDIA CUDA GPU Acceleration in my drivers installed and when I check my projects General Project Settings the renderer is set as "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" so I have no Idea why i cant put my effects with GPU Acceleration on my clips. could I get some help lmao!!

I figured it out!!! the problem wasnt in the video clip.. It was for the graphic. so i took the effects off of the graphic and added an adjustment layer with the effects! Thank you guys for your help and such!!!!!

Topics

Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble putting effects onto my clips for a video that i am trying to edit and the message that pops up on the playback is "This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration." I have a Geforce RTX 2080 Super in my build and have the NVIDIA CUDA GPU Acceleration in my drivers installed and when I check my projects General Project Settings the renderer is set as "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" so I have no Idea why i cant put my effects with GPU Acceleration on my clips. could I get some help lmao!!

I figured it out!!! the problem wasnt in the video clip.. It was for the graphic. so i took the effects off of the graphic and added an adjustment layer with the effects! Thank you guys for your help and such!!!!!

Topics

Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many and what effects, on what type of media?

Some times, if you've multiple effects on a clip, to do more you need to nest the clip then apply further effects.

And if the media is VFR, variable frame rate from a phone, screen-capture, GoPro whatever ... you may need to use the free utility app HandBrake to convert to CFR before re-importing into Premiere and replacing the media on your sequence.

Neil 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting the clip worked. Thank you so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit: nesting the clip worked momentarily but after i rendered the clips the error appeared again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do i need to use handbrake on footage that has been recorded using the NVIDA Geforce Experience Game Capture?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen capture can have VFR, yes. Someone posted a link to Media Info. Premiere can tell you if it's VFR but Media Info is more reliable, so check the tree view there. It's not to say that VFR is the reason, but it certainly causes problems.

The other question is: how big is clip that you're trying to add VFX to? I've found that sometimes you need to break things up. If you put an adjustment layer over the whole timeline with some VFX on it, that can cause problems. You obviously have a good graphics card so you'd really need to be pushing it to max out your VRAM, but I don't know what you have going on over there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill check but the clip is only about 3 to 4 seconds long with about 3 effects on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says that the video format is AVC i have no idea what these mean about video formats. is that Good?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture_1.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the frame-rate mode is variable ... meaning VFR. Which doesn't always playback or edit well. VFR media means the original device creating the file used a constantly varying number of frames-per-second while recording to disc.

Convert to CFR (constant frame rate) in the free utility app HandBrake setting both a specific number for the frame rate and checking the little CFR circle, plus using a 'near placebo' setting for compression.

Replace the media in Premiere with the CFR converted copy.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the near placebo setting in the app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're adjusting the compression settings, it appears as you get to the lowest (least amount) compression, typically to the right side.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt work. i think it ma have to do with the text that is in the clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to apply VR effects to NON-VR footage?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clips. Get the program from the link below and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip info: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines