Highlighted

This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, today my Premiere Pro unexpectedly crashed on my and now my project that i've been worked on for the past few days gives me this message. - https://i.imgur.com/nDEQgNu.png

Unfortunately, I did not realize that my auto-save feature was off, so I do not have any previous versions available to load back up. The project crashed when I tried loading a file into the timeline, so I believe it may be either a corrupt file or potentially a cache/memory issue.

I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me with recovering the project as I don't know what else to do.

Things I've Tried:

- Restart
- Importing the Project in a New Project
- Signing out of Creative Cloud, Restarting, Sign Back In

Everything i've tried brings back the same "This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements," message.

I've seen posts about using XML Wrench, however I have no experience with that program so I'm not sure if that'd be of any help.

Thank you.

Specs:

1. Windows 10
2. Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.0 (Build 38)
3. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 16GB

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, today my Premiere Pro unexpectedly crashed on my and now my project that i've been worked on for the past few days gives me this message. - https://i.imgur.com/nDEQgNu.png

Unfortunately, I did not realize that my auto-save feature was off, so I do not have any previous versions available to load back up. The project crashed when I tried loading a file into the timeline, so I believe it may be either a corrupt file or potentially a cache/memory issue.

I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me with recovering the project as I don't know what else to do.

Things I've Tried:

- Restart
- Importing the Project in a New Project
- Signing out of Creative Cloud, Restarting, Sign Back In

Everything i've tried brings back the same "This project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements," message.

I've seen posts about using XML Wrench, however I have no experience with that program so I'm not sure if that'd be of any help.

Thank you.

Specs:

1. Windows 10
2. Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.0 (Build 38)
3. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 16GB

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?