• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thread Stuck in Device Driver - Blue Screen - Premiere Pro & Media Encoder

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally I will get a blue screen on my PC, with the error THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER. This error only occurs occasionally when I start up Premiere Pro, sometimes when I import new footage, and sometimes when I render footage by queuing it up in Media Encoder.

I decided to update my Windows last night, along with updating all the Adobe apps, and all my device drivers. Now today, yet again, I get the same error even after all the updates. No clue what the issue could be now. Anyone have any ideas? Attached is my DxDiag file which might be useful...

DxDiag

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Adobe premiere and after effects generates a blue screen THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER... how can this be solved? it"s a HP Z-book only a few months old, zo that should'nt be the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here it worked a few Days ago without a problem. Now after starting premiere Pro I get the blue screen with "thread stuck in device driver". I uninstalled premiere and tried it again but it didn't solve the issue. 

My Set Up

Lenovo E580

CPU i7 8550U @1.80 GHz

16 GB Ram

GPU Radeon 500 series

I got the latest drivers checked and updated them for the GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, did you finally solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us our systems specs?

I've found this usually to be a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users forget to look for an update for the bios....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Just updated the Bios too but still the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I deactivated the GPU and tried it again. Premiere Worked fine. I activated the GPU and it crashed again. So its definitely caused by the Radeon 500 Series GPU but I have still no clue why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating the Windows to the latest available version can fix, thread stuck in device driver, or if updating the windows doesn't help you in fixing this error then click here for more method to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello please i need help only photoshop keeps crashing me with this error thread_stuck_in_device_driver
Can you help me? I tried to install new video card drivers, update win 10 last update, update photoshop. 

nothing helps, photoshop always crashes me on the same error, other programs, but they go fine

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi uninstalling the GPU did solve it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I uninstalled the graphics driver, downloaded the latest one and the situation is the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try not just to install new driver's but disable the whole gpu so it's not
longer active. Than reinstalling it solved it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines