Highlighted

Thumbnails Randomly Not Generating

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still on 14.4 cause 14.5 broke my workflow, but suddenly, out of the blue, like 50-80% of the thumbnails for jpegs aren't showing up. Which is a problem because I have like 100 photos that I'm sorting thru to choose which to use as Broll. I tried offlining them and relinking them, but it still happens. I don't see anywhere to reset thumbnail generation or anything... anyone have any tips?

Okay so this was a really simple fix and I'm surprised no one has run into this. It was a preferences issue. If this is happening to you, uncheck "Display Color Management (requires GPU acceleration)". I'm not sure what it even does. But I'm on a GeForce 1070, maybe it's just a problem with that, not sure. But if your thumbnails aren't generating for some reason, uncheck "Display Color Management".

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Thumbnails Randomly Not Generating

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still on 14.4 cause 14.5 broke my workflow, but suddenly, out of the blue, like 50-80% of the thumbnails for jpegs aren't showing up. Which is a problem because I have like 100 photos that I'm sorting thru to choose which to use as Broll. I tried offlining them and relinking them, but it still happens. I don't see anywhere to reset thumbnail generation or anything... anyone have any tips?

Okay so this was a really simple fix and I'm surprised no one has run into this. It was a preferences issue. If this is happening to you, uncheck "Display Color Management (requires GPU acceleration)". I'm not sure what it even does. But I'm on a GeForce 1070, maybe it's just a problem with that, not sure. But if your thumbnails aren't generating for some reason, uncheck "Display Color Management".

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueller? I tried reinstalling Premiere and removing the settings and everything and it's still happening. It's devastating to my workflow. It literally just randomly started happening last week. What could this be? I'm using Dropbox, G-sync, my monitor is scaling at 175%. It happens to all sorts of image files. Anything?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried quitting dropbox, then importing files and that didn't change anything. I started a new project, imported into a blank project on a different drive, still no thumbnails. They're both jpegs and PNGs that aren't getting thumbnails. Seems random. Looking at all their properties, there's nothing common between the photos that aren't generating thumbnails.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now I opened the same folder in Premiere on my Macbook Pro and all the thumbnails are generating. Its def not the files, something about my computer? Both computers are using dropbox...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0