• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tilde key not working for "Maximize or Restore Frame Under Cursor"

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of Premiere Pro 2018 CC, using a macbook pro and having no other issues.

But when I select a panel that I want to go full screen on, pressing the tilde key does absolutely nothing.  I have tried deleting and re-adding the "Maximize" keyboard shortcut but nothing changes.

the shortcut   ctrl + Tilde  does work for going full screen on program monitor.  But pressing tilde by itself will not make a selected panel go full screen - like if I want to go full screen on my project panel, or metadata panel.

The tilde key is functioning properly on the actual keyboard when typing text, so it's not a case of a broken key.

Is thee another setting that could be causing this???

I don't want to RESET all my preferences and loose all the work of creating good preferences. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019
Hey man, So I was having the same problem and getting really frustrated that my Tilde wasn't opening any windows in fullscreen. THEN I realized my silly mistake... I had previously changed my Keyboard preferences to Brazilian , and forgot to switch back to English when working on Premiere. Once I switched bak to English, the Tilde operation is working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried changing to the "Adobe Premiere Pro Default" in the keyboard layout dropdown, but the tilde key still does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ern Honey,

Sorry for this. Sounds very annoying. In cases like this, I usually check to see if the same behavior happens in a new project. Can you test it out and report back?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Kevin.

I tried creating a brand new project as suggested, with a keyboard layout of  "Adobe Premiere Pro Default" , but unfortunately it's the same story.  No "Maximize" with the tilde key, even though it os the default shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try another keyboard? If that does not work, I'm going to suggest resetting preferences. Sorry!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, So I was having the same problem and getting really frustrated that my Tilde wasn't opening any windows in fullscreen. THEN I realized my silly mistake... I had previously changed my Keyboard preferences to Brazilian , and forgot to switch back to English when working on Premiere. Once I switched bak to English, the Tilde operation is working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing.  I must have hit some combination of keys that switched mine from English to Spanish.

Glad you figured that out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness!  You should get paid for that answer!  hahaha.  I have been so annoyed at this.  I kept closing and re-opening my project thinking it was a glitch and then finally just gave up and accepted that sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.  I just checked and my keyboard was set to Portuguese too.  Thank you!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just saved me from a huge headache! This worked perfectly, didn't realize I switched over to Chinese to reply to some messages. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just checked my keyboard and it was switched to Spanish becuase I've been practicing the language. It's so funny how other people run into the same problems. What a wonderful world!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

window 10 tilde does not work either in new project or old ones. Latest Premiere pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tilde key doesn't work for me either.  Also you used to be able to press the ` key (backtick) to get the whole program window to go full screen, however that doesn't work either.  It's really annoying that every time I open a project, I have to drag each side of each window to the right place, instead of just maximizing as normal....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with TILDE ~ key on PP 2021. It does nothing. However the ¬ key does the maximise/restore job instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with TILDE ~ key on PP 2021. It does nothing. However the ¬ key does the maximise/restore job instead!

By @Jim Smith 93

To solve it, go to Edit > Keyboard Customization and change Maximize or Restore Frame Under Cursor to the key you want.

Averdahl_0-1632067282022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find Edit > Keyboard Customization, but I do have Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Unfortunately, the keyboard map displayed does not show a key between the ' key and the ENTER key. On my keyboard the ~ key is between those two! Perhaps PP is not sensitive to the differences between U.S. and U.K. keyboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find Edit > Keyboard Customization, but I do have Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

By @Jim Smith 93

My bad, i used the old name.

Averdahl_0-1632070657951.png

Unfortunately, the keyboard map displayed does not show a key between the ' key and the ENTER key. On my keyboard the ~ key is between those two! Perhaps PP is not sensitive to the differences between U.S. and U.K. keyboards?

By @Jim Smith 93

But if you start to re-map the keyboard shortcut you just have to press the key on the keyboard you want to be assigned. Doesn´t that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But if you start to re-map the keyboard shortcut you just have to press the key on the keyboard you want to be assigned. Doesn´t that work?"

I hadn't tried remapping the keys. You are right. I have now mapped ~ (Shift+#) to the maximize frame command. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines