Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIME IN SUBTITLES does not match timeline

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a problem with Premiere pro subtitles. 

The time in the timeline and subtitles does not match. When I try to drag the subtitle to the right ot left, it disappears. 

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The time code in the Caption Panel is the timecode within the caption stream. If the first caption starts at zero and there are no disruptions of the stream in the timeline, the timecode will match. Otherwise, it will not. Note that it is the time of the first caption, not whether the stream shows as zero in the timeline. This is not an error, it is just the way it works.

I can't tell if your captions start at zero, but you have cut your stream, so the times won't match after that point. That is not necessarily a problem.

I have not been able to create the problem of the caption disappearing when adjusted in the timeline. But others have had big problems with this. I don't know of a foolproof workaround - other than not adjusting in the timeline.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines