• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time remapping

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with time remapping and I wanted to see if I could get some guidance on the matter.

I shot my footage at 120fps, modified the footage to 24fps, and dropped it into my timeline. Then I use the pen tool on the area that I want to speed up but once I adjust the speed above 199% premier won't play the footage back the correct way. The playback jumps to the beginning of the clip and stops. Is there something that I am missing here? Any help would be much approximated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try rendering the sped up video by pressing return

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to do? Why did you interpret the footage as 24? Why not leave it at 120, create your sequence at 24 (I imagine that's what you want your output to be) then do all your remapping once brought into the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding was that if you took the 120fps media, put it on the 24fps timeline and then re-timed the clip to SLOW it down, that frames would be lost because it WOULDN'T resample for the new frames after conforming to 24p, and therefore you wouldn't be achieving a 24fps rate at that point. 50% speed would bring it down to 12fps effectively.

I tend to do the same as the OP, and reinterepet at the target rate to ensure every frame is used, and then bring speed up as necessary.

I thought this might be a weird superstition, but I just fired up a test with a Universal Counting Leader.

• I made a 60fps UCL
  • Dropped the UCL into a 30fps sequence
  • Played it back, I had a 30fps UCL as expected.
  • Then slowed the clip to 50% speed. I was getting 15fps effective: the UCL advanced frame only once every TWO sequence frames.

So unless there's some weird exception for UCLs, or if maybe Premiere does eventually go and resample the necessary frames on export, I've always operated with the procedure that high-speed footage intended for slow-mo should be reinterpeted at the sequence frame rate, and then sped up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you render the clip? Also, are you working with VFR media perhaps? As a workaround, you could always export your reinterpreted footage as a standalone clip (w/ a mezannine codec to preserve quality) and then just work with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines