• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode Effect still broken

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is the timecode effect in Premiere just permanently broken? I have tried all of the workaround and nothing seems to work. About a year and a half ago I had to make an overlay in after effects and drop it on my footage. Has anybody been able to get it to work? 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does not work with the effect.

Post comp spec, OS and Pr build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works for me...    does the frame rate of the source match the frame rate of the sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just flat out doesn't work. All that shows up is the field indicator dot. I create an invisible layer and slap timecode on in it and drop it on the top layer and nada. I tried to nest it, render it, nothing works. It just is blank. 

I am on an older Frankentosh with the Nvidia card, I have to use Premiere Pro version 14.0.4. Running High Sierra. Can't bring myself to drop 50 grand on Apple's newest monstrosity. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a friend recently presented me with a hackintosh to play with.  It was a disaster... Don't really think you can expect one to perform properly.  My solution with the hack?  install windows... works just fine...  but anyway... have you tried updating the drivers for your nvidia card.  there have been a lot of issues reported here (and with the hack I'm working on with windows installed that are solved with updating or rolling back the nvidia drivers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a hackintosh. It's a G5 with a Westmere tower and upgraded with everything else. It's a frankentosh like I said. I am a working professional in Hollywood, been doing this for 25 years. You really can't do broadcast on an iMac with all of the post that is required now. Not going to give 50 grand to Apple. We are all in this same mac club, Apple really threw us all under the bus. You can't have clients in your suite with a PC, they would laugh you off and not come back. 

Not the drivers, all over that. Even tried software only. It's a premiere bug and its been there for at least a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you're working on a mac from before apple made the transition to Intel?  That's at least a 14 year old machine?    I've got a 2009 MacPro that I hacked to install high sierra and can run pp2019 without major issues and 2020 with some limitations, but I know that's pushing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't hack anything, just kept upgrading the best I could. Have a guy here in LA that quit being a lawyer because he was making too much money building out machines for guys like me. It's an Intel, I think it's a 2011, not sure. The last one before the trash can. The limitations I am facing is with the NVIDIA drivers which Apple refuses to release. Whatever man, not here to talk shop. Just want timecode plug in to work. Ended up building one in After Effects again. Cheers. 

If anybody has figured out how to get it to work, list it in this thread because I scoured the web and couldn't find an answer. I know other's are looking too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry you said G5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines