Highlighted

Timecode Export Bug When using GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

Thanks in advance for any support provided. 

I have a 20 minute long sequence, during which I have a countdown time that cross-fades in and out every so often. You can see this effect working in action during the first 10 to 20 minutes of this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667911890?filter=archives&sort=time

Now - here's the problem:

• If I export this asset out using GPU Acceleration CUDA...
    • The asset will export within 1 hour or so (Great!)
    • Every timecode transition within the final Export Media file with additionally show a second, full timecode timestamp for the duration of the cross-fade. (Bad!)
    • Here's a screenshot of what that looks like:
      • PP Timecode Bug.png
    • This makes the entire asset unusable. 
  • If I export this asset without using GPU Acceleration CUDA...
    • This asset will export out over 12 Hours or so (AWFUL)
    • But it will NOT have the above mentioned Timecode display issue - However, the export time is simply not sustainable. 

Does someone know why GPU acceleration might be displaying rogue timecodes during cross-fade transitions? I really don't want to have to rely on my CPU to do the heavy lifting for exports as big as this...

Export Settings:

- H.264 .mp4

- 1080p

- VBR 2Pass @ 6Mbps Bitrate

- Final File Size is only 1GB. 

Hardware specs:

• GPU is NVidia 2070
  • Intel i7-6700k @4.00 GHz
  • RAM: 16GB

Edit: I've had this issue since March and have updated both drivers and Premiere Pro several times since then... 

Edit 2: Changed Hyperlink to Fully Visible link. 

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timecode Export Bug When using GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

Thanks in advance for any support provided. 

I have a 20 minute long sequence, during which I have a countdown time that cross-fades in and out every so often. You can see this effect working in action during the first 10 to 20 minutes of this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667911890?filter=archives&sort=time

Now - here's the problem:

• If I export this asset out using GPU Acceleration CUDA...
    • The asset will export within 1 hour or so (Great!)
    • Every timecode transition within the final Export Media file with additionally show a second, full timecode timestamp for the duration of the cross-fade. (Bad!)
    • Here's a screenshot of what that looks like:
      • PP Timecode Bug.png
    • This makes the entire asset unusable. 
  • If I export this asset without using GPU Acceleration CUDA...
    • This asset will export out over 12 Hours or so (AWFUL)
    • But it will NOT have the above mentioned Timecode display issue - However, the export time is simply not sustainable. 

Does someone know why GPU acceleration might be displaying rogue timecodes during cross-fade transitions? I really don't want to have to rely on my CPU to do the heavy lifting for exports as big as this...

Export Settings:

- H.264 .mp4

- 1080p

- VBR 2Pass @ 6Mbps Bitrate

- Final File Size is only 1GB. 

Hardware specs:

• GPU is NVidia 2070
  • Intel i7-6700k @4.00 GHz
  • RAM: 16GB

Edit: I've had this issue since March and have updated both drivers and Premiere Pro several times since then... 

Edit 2: Changed Hyperlink to Fully Visible link. 

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

 ...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks!

Videos can also be posted on Youtube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did embed a screenshot of the problem in my post. 

The example vid I linked to is on Twitch (owned by Amazon), which is essentially the same thing as Youtube in terms of trustworthyness and reliability. No download required. That link also only serves to help describe the output as it should be, rather than shows the problem (which is shown in the embedded screenshot above). 

As mentioned, the full upload of the file with the problem is 1GB, so that won't be helpful to embed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines