Timecode issues with Premiere 14.7 and MXF files

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on promos for a show and the media was given to me as follows:

MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF-OP Atom (type: N Tracks 1 SourceClip) File generated by: Avid Technology, Inc., Generic Helper (14.2.44.35402.1) Compression ID: DNxHD 1080p LB 8-bit Effective Video Bitrate: 36 Mbps

Premiere is forcing the timecode to start at 0, but the files' metadata is intact – Quicktime shows the real, out of camera timecode (ex. 17:59:55:00) but in my Modify settings, the "Original Timecode" option is selected.

I tried unlinking / relinking, as well as reimporting by drag & drop and through the media browser.

Ideas? I need to maintain the timecode for the online editor.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timecode issues with Premiere 14.7 and MXF files

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on promos for a show and the media was given to me as follows:

MXF File details: Wrapper type: MXF-OP Atom (type: N Tracks 1 SourceClip) File generated by: Avid Technology, Inc., Generic Helper (14.2.44.35402.1) Compression ID: DNxHD 1080p LB 8-bit Effective Video Bitrate: 36 Mbps

Premiere is forcing the timecode to start at 0, but the files' metadata is intact – Quicktime shows the real, out of camera timecode (ex. 17:59:55:00) but in my Modify settings, the "Original Timecode" option is selected.

I tried unlinking / relinking, as well as reimporting by drag & drop and through the media browser.

Ideas? I need to maintain the timecode for the online editor.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?