• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timelapse does not play fluently why?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just bought Premiere Pro so i am a bit new to it. I have a macbook air 8gb RAM.

When I import a timelapse i have made into premiere pro i will not play fluently. Why does dit happen? I do import and then image sequence without a problem then it imports my timelapse which is about 7s but then i will not play in a smoothly way.

Do i do something wrong?

Thx in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of that Macbook Air? 8gb RAM is the absolute minimum for operation, I'm wondering if the other specs are equally low. Also, how many and what kind of drives do you have on that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the reply! I have a 256 ssd what else do you need to know? I work with an external drive of 1 TB. If i put my timelapses in after effects in works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's that external connected? And spinning disc, at that size perhaps? Where are your media and project files?

PrPro is rather demanding on hardware, as is AfterEffects, but they both need slightly different setups.

And by "importing a timelapse", is that something you made elsewhere, or are you importing the images then dropping them on a sequence to make a timelapse?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connected through USB and yes spinning disk. Do you recommend and other type of drive? All my files are on the external drive. Should i put them on my macbook or? I am importing all my pictures as a sequence and then premiere pro makes a movie clip of it like shown in this tuturial Create a time lapse video in Premiere Pro - YouTube .

Never expected this quick of a response. Thx!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill Gehrke has pointed out (he does the best testing and advice on hardware for practical use of PrPro) the Samsung T3 SSD external via USB3 sustains read/write figures far above even other SSD's let alone spinning discs. Having the media on an external spinner may or may not work too well.

So ... what's the image size of your pics? And the sequence frame-size is ... what? 1920x1080 tends to play much easier of course than say a 4k variant like 3840x2160 on most gear. Also, what's the 'frame-rate' you're running that time-lapse on ... might be good to just give a screen-grab of the Sequence Settings dialog box, using the little flower icon in the middle of the reply box formatting bar to include in your reply. Like this ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you render the Sequence for Playback?

ENTER KEY. (or Menu>Sequence OPtions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines