• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline and UI Freezes — Performance Glitches after updating to Premiere Pro 15.1

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having several glitches in premiere pro and some of them makes me so fustrating to work with as you can see in this video: 

I have just reinstalled Windows (last build) and have basically vanilla premiere, I just installed a couple of plugins but they didn't show any inconvinient before updating premiere.

MARIANCE
TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

I've found a weird "solution" to this, not only the playhead doesn't work when I click, neither the effects can be clicked or the parameters on the effects (i.e Curves' curve). The "solution" is to simply move the cursor to one of the buttons under the Program Monitor, and once they are highlighted like this: 

MARIANCE_0-1619552140770.png

just go back and the playhead, and the effects, can be clicked again. It is soooo weird. when the playhead stops working I just move my mouse to highlight the buttons and it suddenly works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Do you have any nested clips in the timeline?

If so deleted the audio part. See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariance,

Weird. I would try trashing preferences first. If that doesn't work, try importing the old project into a new one. See if that works for you. Otherwise, you might want to move back to a previous build.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a weird "solution" to this, not only the playhead doesn't work when I click, neither the effects can be clicked or the parameters on the effects (i.e Curves' curve). The "solution" is to simply move the cursor to one of the buttons under the Program Monitor, and once they are highlighted like this: 

MARIANCE_0-1619552140770.png

just go back and the playhead, and the effects, can be clicked again. It is soooo weird. when the playhead stops working I just move my mouse to highlight the buttons and it suddenly works again. lol!!!

MARIANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is rather strange. I'll try to replicate the action, if I can.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any movment on this ..Im having same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I have absolutely the same problem like in the youtube video. I am also not able to expand effects panel and premiere freezes every few seconds. So annoying and it's absolutely not possible to work like this. 

My hardware: RTX2080 Ti, I9-9900 K and 32GB RAM. So this shouldn't be the bottle neck.

So thankful for any advice!

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maurice,

Do you have a project file with some sample media attached? I'd love to get a reproducible case into engineering ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any nested clips in the timeline?

If so deleted the audio part. See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann!!  Holy smokes I almost lost my head, I literally could not work, presumably after the last update as this problem came out of nowehere. I erased all audio clips from nested sequences and everything works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey SHS,

Do you have a project file with some sample media attached? I'd love to get a reproducible case into engineering ASAP. I cannot reproduce this on my Mac.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines