• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline audio all of a sudden went muted...

Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There I was, just minding my own business editing in my timeline...when all of a sudden no audio playback whatsoever. No action in the meters. Waveforms are still there. No media disconnected. Restarting app/comp does nothing. Copying contents from one sequence over to new sequence brings it back (no changes in sequence settings whatsoever) but I'm still baffled as to what happened in the first place.

Is there some hidden shortcut for muting audio tracks? No tracks appear muted.

This has happened twice this week (different computers, different projects) and so I'm very curious what happened so I can keep it from occurring.

Premiere Pro v12.1.1

macOS High Sierra 10.12.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

I've had this happen ever since the last update. If it's the same issue I'm having, you can toggle the solo button on the left hand side on/off and your audio comes back. Super strange bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen ever since the last update. If it's the same issue I'm having, you can toggle the solo button on the left hand side on/off and your audio comes back. Super strange bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this was driving me crazy, coincidence that it happened day after windows update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the solution but I cant find any solo button. Is it the left hand side the ... timeline, audio clip in question, screen, top menu, rh menu, left hand menu etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had problems with this for a while, including it affecting exports. Pretty frustrating. Pretty much every time I come back to a sequence it has somehow been muted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried your approach, but it did not work for me.

However, I'm on a Mac, and I lose sound right after a cut in the timeline: the section to the left of the cut still plays audio, but the section on the right of the cut is completely silent. If I undo the cut, the audio plays in the section that became silent after the cut.

Anyone encountered that problem? I'm stuck on multi-cam edits, and the deadline is close, and I have less then 10 minutes of footage to go through to be done...

Any quick help will be appreciated greatly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off the chat with an Adobe tech support rep -- the solution to my problem was to render audio for the sequence. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so much for this! I was experiencing the exact same issue and I was so frustrated I was about ready to throw the whole project out, but this was the solution I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me too. All the sudden my timeline went totally mute, preview panel on the left has audio on audio and video clips. I've tried all the solutions on this topic and nothing worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the "solo" button??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea where or what that is either lol. My timelines went brow in colour and silent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines