Highlighted

Timeline bug – pasted same clip over and over again

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've recently installed a trial version of Premiere Pro and started editing a bunch of video recordings from our weekend virtual show. Yesterday, I've exported a two minutes long rough clip that looked fine, saved and closed the project (that also looked fine), but when I opened it again this morning to continue working on it and refining the cuts, the timeline is now all messed up. Instead of the clips that should be in the timeline, there is one clip pasted again and again for the duration of 45 minutes. I didn't change the location of the source files and all the files are still listed in the project, nor did I move the project anywhere or renamed anything – I just saved and closed the project yesterday and opened it again today.

Has anybody encountered this before? Is there any way of recovering yesterday's version of the project/ timeline? And is there any reason for this happening, so I can prevent it from happening again? I've already used PP in the past for about two years, during my studies and at my previous job, but never have encountered anything like this before – and I'm a bit upset about hours of work going to trash, especially when I'm on a tight deadline for delivering the video wrap-up from the show for the planned press release. If it helps, I'm now working on a MacBook Pro 2017 with OS version 10.15.7 and have the latest version of PP that I've installed two days ago. 

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here. I don't have much hope that I'll be able to restore the project but I'm really afraid something like this would happen again if I start a new one.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timeline bug – pasted same clip over and over again

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've recently installed a trial version of Premiere Pro and started editing a bunch of video recordings from our weekend virtual show. Yesterday, I've exported a two minutes long rough clip that looked fine, saved and closed the project (that also looked fine), but when I opened it again this morning to continue working on it and refining the cuts, the timeline is now all messed up. Instead of the clips that should be in the timeline, there is one clip pasted again and again for the duration of 45 minutes. I didn't change the location of the source files and all the files are still listed in the project, nor did I move the project anywhere or renamed anything – I just saved and closed the project yesterday and opened it again today.

Has anybody encountered this before? Is there any way of recovering yesterday's version of the project/ timeline? And is there any reason for this happening, so I can prevent it from happening again? I've already used PP in the past for about two years, during my studies and at my previous job, but never have encountered anything like this before – and I'm a bit upset about hours of work going to trash, especially when I'm on a tight deadline for delivering the video wrap-up from the show for the planned press release. If it helps, I'm now working on a MacBook Pro 2017 with OS version 10.15.7 and have the latest version of PP that I've installed two days ago. 

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here. I don't have much hope that I'll be able to restore the project but I'm really afraid something like this would happen again if I start a new one.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, first time using this forum. The screenshot probably doesn't say much anyway but here it is, this time embedded.

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 12.33.07.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot does not tell me much. It does not show the names on the clips nor the Video Used in the Project window.

Look for an auto save or better yet a back up file.

FAQ: Deleting Media Cache files

All footage looks variable framerate: known to give issues.

Convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0