• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline bugged after adding images.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into a bug with 2018, where I can't continue with a file when I added images or videos. The timeline just gets bugged, and can't be used anymore. I still can play the file and even the files I added in the timeline, but I can not change files within the timeline or anything else there. If I delete the added file, everything is fine. PP keeps running, there is enough space, and a restart of the program or machine doesn't help.

How is this even possible Adobe? How can the software become even more worse with every update?! It just kills my productivity and time and if I could I would sue the goddamn company for offering non-working software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

I found a solution, but I would still like to know why it happens otherwise. If media is only imported into the media strip on the left, on not drag and drop into the timeline directly, then it will work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

I finally found someone on YouTube having the same issue - after much trying of new bins and file changes and the such, it ended up a fix was to revert to saved workspace layout - we mean I need to drag windows around in my workspace to what I like but for whatever reason, that resets whatever is the grief...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused by your generous use of the word file, which for this forum's purposes refers to files on the hard drive outside of Premiere Pro.

You work in a project.

You import image and sound files.

Those files become clips once they're imported into the project.

In the sequence, those clips become clip instances.

Can you clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me rephrase that then.

I have project mit multiple imported images, sound files and videos, all is fine. But the moment I add another image (more than one is already present) the timeline stops working. Which means, if I move the slider, I can't the any movement, but the view changes in the program field. It works well the moment I delete the imported image sequence again. The same happend with an imported video file in another project. It's impossible to cut or do anything with the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Couple more questions.

the moment I add another image

Where are you adding that image?  To the bin?  To the sequence?

Also, you mention an image sequence, which is something different than just an image.

Can you clarify these points further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you, as I don't know. But it really doesn't matter. It stops working the moment I add another media to the program, directly to the timeline, or to this strip on the left side, it's the same. I even can try to add completely unrelated media and it still does the same. It is killing my time for 4 days now, and there is no excuse that such a bug is present, when the same process worked before, but not now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution, but I would still like to know why it happens otherwise. If media is only imported into the media strip on the left, on not drag and drop into the timeline directly, then it will work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doppelkammertoaster  wrote

. If media is only imported into the media strip on the left, on not drag and drop into the timeline directly, then it will work just fine.

It happens because that is the way you are supposed to add media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no warning, nothing, which tells you that you can't or shouldn't do it in another way. In this state, it's a bug. Because you CAN do it, and in the process, trash your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because something can be done, it is not necessarily true that it is the way it should be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me on certain files even if I drag them to the bin - or use import from the menu - or drag them to the timeline... perfectly good usable files and suddenly the sequence time marker bar does not work - happens a lot - sometimes a jpg, sometimes a wav, sometimes an MP4, sometimes a png... what gives? this problem is annoying and random and completely sporks a project workflow. how do you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJPD,

Sounds odd. Do you have any nested audio? The other thing I'd ask is about the image size of the stills. What are their dimensions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found someone on YouTube having the same issue - after much trying of new bins and file changes and the such, it ended up a fix was to revert to saved workspace layout - we mean I need to drag windows around in my workspace to what I like but for whatever reason, that resets whatever is the grief...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines