Timeline does not show edits until screen refresh

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in Premiere every day and yesterday had an issue for the first time. As I would click anywhere in my timeline it would not respond until I dragged the window a little to refresh then the edit would show. Here's a little video to show. You can see as my cursor is over a clip I am clicking but does not register until I move the window. I have so far uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere, checked my graphics card settings, I have multiple monitors and the same issue on any monitor... I hope someone can help. Thank you for looking!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timeline does not show edits until screen refresh

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in Premiere every day and yesterday had an issue for the first time. As I would click anywhere in my timeline it would not respond until I dragged the window a little to refresh then the edit would show. Here's a little video to show. You can see as my cursor is over a clip I am clicking but does not register until I move the window. I have so far uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere, checked my graphics card settings, I have multiple monitors and the same issue on any monitor... I hope someone can help. Thank you for looking!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any panels open on other monitors? Any dialog boxes open behind the main window? What other programs are open at the same time as Pr? Have you tried maximizing the main Pr  window to see if the problem persists?

Notice the playhead in the Effect Control Panel moves instantly when you click, so there is some redraw in the sequence window that is not happening until you move the window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the program window and assets on another monitor. No other apps open, no dialogue pop ups. I was able to figure put a few minutes ago that I can separate the timeline window from the control panel and it works. A little glitchy but responds to my edits. It is a work around but still curious why it doesn't respond while anchored to the effects panel. 

thank you for your response. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0