Timeline freezes ups and project crashes trying to playback edited clips PP CC 2020

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for 6+ years with PP. Since the pudates of mid-2019 I've had recurring issues when completing edtis on a randum clip, once getting to the end I've had the timeline freeze. Usually, I'll here the audio still going on if I happen to have another clip on that TL.

When I try to save and quit the program, sometime nothing happens, somtimes I get the spinning beach ball (I'm on an iMac 27" 2012 - 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB)

THen, I have to forcequit out, then on relaunch, the project goes into recovery mode, Sometimes things are ok, as of yesterday the usual proceedures made no difference. I Googled the issue and was intreagued by a post reccomending clearing the meadia cache? 

I went in and did that, opended a new project, imported the assets for the presumably currupted clip, amde new fresh final for that, it was clean and played back with no issues.

Can anyone please explain what the hell is going on and if the media cache is possibly the culprit here?

Much appreciated,

Jay W.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?