• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIMELINE KEEPS DELETING ITSELF

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there I am working on a project in Adobe Premiere Pro and I will be working on a smaller piece within my 3 hour video and when i zoom out I notice that a large chunk of my timeline has just deleted itself on the video 1 track. This has happened twice and it really had me at a panic as I have been working on this for a year now. Is my sequence too long? Is there too much information? What is this issue and how do I resolve it? I don't want to lose all of my work because of a glitch with the system. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more than likely this is operator error.  Do you have "selection follows playhead" enabled in the sequence menu...  If so, the clip under the playhead is selected (if the track is on in the trackpanel) and if you hit the delete key, guess what, it deletes.  Even without this "feature" enabled (which comes in very handy when you're working on color correction), it's very easy to have something selected unintentionally.  I'm always watching my timeline when I use a keyboard shortcut to make sure I'm not screwing up.  And that's why they invented the undo shortcut.  The history panel is very handy if you need to step back and fix this sort of thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and it's very handy to memorize the shortcut key for deselect all (or map it to something easy to remember) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, just a wild guess, you probably had an In or Out point and by mistake hit the DEL or BACKSPACE or ; or ' while you were zoomed in and ended up extracting or lifting a big chunk from your timeline, specifically from V1 cause it was the only track selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines