• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

timeline moves; rather the playhead moves

Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During playback, the timeline moves while the play head stays in the middle.

I'd like the play head to move and I control where the timeline is.   How please?

Thanks anyone

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.57.16 AM.png

Catalina 10.15.7.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 11.58.23 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hi Steve,

Sorry about that. That's a preference you can change in Preferences > Timeline. Set Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling to Page Scroll. Sounds like you're set to Smooth Scroll, currently. Let us know if that worked for you. 

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry about that. That's a preference you can change in Preferences > Timeline. Set Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling to Page Scroll. Sounds like you're set to Smooth Scroll, currently. Let us know if that worked for you. 

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do these things get mis set?  I've never touched that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

I'm going to guess it's either something you actually did touch or you have corrupt preferences. There's not really any other explanation. You may want to reset preferences when you're between projects as a troubleshooting step. 

By the way, as a reference, Smooth Scroll is the way Avid Media Composer scrolls the Timeline by default, so I think that's why it's included in Preferences. I usually don't use it either since my Avid chops are long gone. 

Glad it helped, though.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines