• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline not scrubbing properly on time remapped clips

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I speed ramped a slow motion clip (60fps) and am attempting to adjust the increse / decrease in speed in time with music

The problem is on the program window, when I scrub through the footage it does not correspond. It seems to be scrubbing the clip in reverse for some reason. The footage on the display being scrubbed does not correspong to what is in the timeline.

Has anyone come across this and know of any simple adjustments? it's very frustrating.

Many thanks

Specs

PC Windows 10 64 bit

Ryzen 5

Radeon RX480

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting your cache files as follows. 

The files are located here: Paste the whole line into File Explorer.

%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

I just delete the three folders:

Media Cache
Media Cache Files
Peak Files
You can also just delete the files inside. Premiere will make the one's it needs automatically.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/41719iB156DA29572520FC/image-size/large?v=1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thank you for your response.

I went to edit > preferences > media cache to delete the files, I think this is a good practise. Unfortunately after restart, it hasn't solved the scrubbing issue. Really weird how it won't just scrub the footage in the timeline after a simple speed alteration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: On rendering the clip, the scrubbing is fixed. However.. any further alterations re - unrender the clip and the issue persists...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you change a setting to a clip it becomes unrendered, then you render again. I usually drop an in and out point around a transition or such I'm working on and then press <Enter> to render in to out. 

So, when you change and re-render then it should play correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines