• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Not Working Properly

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im totally lost as to what could be happening, or how to even explain it in text. When I move a clip from the preview window to the timeline, It seems to completley dissalow me from editing the clips correctly. The playback function stops working completely, and the timeline itself glitches badly. It seems as though I'ts about to crash, but never does. Can anyone help me? I've included a video to try to capture what I wrote. This problem just started happening today. Premiere worked perfectly up until now. It seems as though the particular file I got from a client is the file that's causing this issue but I dont understand why. The videos I am editing are in .mp4 and .mp3 format. I'm also using Premiere version 14.9.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems annoying! Have you tried removing the media cache? Premiere Pro>Preferences?Media Cache, then click Delete.

You can also try restarting Premiere while holding down the "Option" (alt on PC) to delete preferences and you can hold down Shift+Option (Shift+Alt on PC) to remove preferences and plug-in cache.

Hope that helps.

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem. How do I get to the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences is in the "edit" dropdown at the top next to "file" and "clip". Down at the bottom should be the preferences selection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If on Mac, its under the "Premiere Pro" menu, just next to the apple logo. If on PC its under the Edit Menu, then select "Media Cache"

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried these but unfortunately the problem didn't stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a new video, the problem seems to be when adding a new asset to the P

roject bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a brand new project? or one you had from before? As the 14.9 update is quite new, I'd suggest starting a brand new project, bring in your video clips and try again. If that fails, there's a decent chance you'll have to downgrade back to whatever version you were using before that worked. Also, if you want more help on this, you may want to post your machine specs and drivers for your video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The prject is brand new. The same issue happend before I updated too, thought the update might fix it but it didn't. Here's my specs. Both drivers are up to date Capture.PNGcapture 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines