• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Preview choppy on i9 10900k

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through many posts to try to work this out but nothing has helped. Changed my audio input device, memory allocation, renderer (software or hardware). My full specs are:

Core i9 10900k (OCed to 5.2G on all cores)

32GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM

512GB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe

1TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe

2x 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD (in RAID1 - where source videos are)

RTX 2080Ti

This is an upgrade of my previous machine, 8086k/32GB RAM - and it's MUCH slower/choppier (never had this problem before). This is a brand new project.

I'm not sure what else to check - any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Thanks so much for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply. I figured it out - what is/was bizarre is a single PNG image that was in my project was causing the issue. No clue why, as I can't see any issue with the file (it's just a gray square for a backgroud). Removed and recreated that file and I'm good to go now. I got lucky that it was at the 10 second mark in the video, when I started troubleshooting and removing stuff it was good it was at the beginning of the project so it was fas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Exigeous,

Sorry for your issue. We'd need more information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

1. Would you mind sharing the details of the footage (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)?
  2. Names of the effects that you've applied.
  3. Are you using any third-party plug-ins? If so, try removing them and check the performance on a new project.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O problema não está na máquina dele, muito menos em tipo de arquivos ou efeitos usados, depois dessa atualização do Premiere, não consigo fazer nada, travando muito, só problemas,  problemas e a gente pagando por isso. Tentei fazer algo que preste porque o premiere está Horrivel. 2 dias de dor de cabeça. trabalhos atrasados.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply. I figured it out - what is/was bizarre is a single PNG image that was in my project was causing the issue. No clue why, as I can't see any issue with the file (it's just a gray square for a backgroud). Removed and recreated that file and I'm good to go now. I got lucky that it was at the 10 second mark in the video, when I started troubleshooting and removing stuff it was good it was at the beginning of the project so it was fast to find it.

Thanks so much for the replies everyone - sorry for the somewhat false alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad this particular issue got sorted. I wanted to just say: you have a great machine, but never underestimate the effect that certain codecs can have on performance. It can be as impactful as your hardware! So, watch out for high resolution, high framerate interframe codecs. Hopefully you are aware of that already, but many people think hardware is the only factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and thanks for posting your solution.  Not enough people close their threads.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could run the Windows task manager (as seen in the video below) that might be helpful.

https://youtu.be/pE6t1ryanO4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines