Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline- Still Image Default Duration Issue

Guide ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

Inside Edit- preferences- Timeline- Still Image Default Duration, when I change It for example to 2.00 Seconds or 1.00 Seconds, or 5.00 Seconds, the Timeline Duration dose not change, It Is 3.00 Seconds.

Here is the Screen Shots

Thanks.

Timeline-Duration.jpgPreferences-Timeline.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

You need to adjust the still image duration before bringing in stills into Premiere.

If you have stills already brought in and want to change the duration you can do that in the project window.

Select all stills, right click, Speed/Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to adjust the still image duration before bringing in stills into Premiere.

If you have stills already brought in and want to change the duration you can do that in the project window.

Select all stills, right click, Speed/Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ms. Ann.

I know the Technique that you are referring, which is Right-click on an image or all the images Speed/Duration: and change it there. But I have seen many Video Tutorials, that explain that you can also change it from the Edit-Preferences- Timeline-  Still Image Default Duration. Is this possible? 

because I can't get it working? But It does work with your Technique.

Also, If I want to check that the Answer Is Correct, In this new Forum, I don't see It anymore. Also, inside the Reply Box If I Type, and click on Return, I can not Type anymore, unless I go to Edit.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting default duration in the Preferences is done before import. It does not affect the images already imported.

Only mods and staff can set the correct answers.

(on a side note I do not set my own answers as correct)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ms. Ann.

I did adjust the still image duration before bringing in stills into Premiere.

Here Is the Screen-Shots.

Also, So Technically. you can not add the Correct like we used to do?

Thanks.

Preferences.jpg3.jpgCoorect-Answer-Shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coorect-Answer-Shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am doing the Premiere Pro Tutorials and have arrived at the Work with graphics and titles module. when setting the Still Image Default Duration and then dragging in images to the sequence from the Media Browser, the image do not match the duration I have set why would this be? It seems to be 1 frame short of my 2 sec set duration.Screenshot 2020-04-29 11.42.52.pngInkedScreenshot 2020-04-29 11.43.28_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chaging Default Duration will only take effect on newly imported images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand this, but if you see my images you can see the duration is set to 2.00sec and when importing a new image onto the sequence from the media browser it is 1 frame short of my set duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. When I change it to 4 frames it works, but it gives me 7 frames when I change it to 8 frames. When I try for 12 frames it gives me 10 frames instead. 

My project is set at 24fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your sequence true 24 fps or 23.97. It could be that Premiere is rounding down your 2 second still duration to the nearest whole second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, should still say 1 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence is 23.976, that's just what the tutorial file was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines