• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Stuttering (Playing back previous frames)

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having issues with my Premiere where it is not only stuttering, but playing back previous frames, making things pretty unusable.

Before you ask. I've literally built this computer today, with my bare hands. It has an 8-core Ryzen, 3000mb/s SSD, 32GB of RAM and a GTX970. It's not the hardware.

I'm playing back multicam Blackmagic RAW clips, in a 1/8 preview resolution. I have the blackmagic raw plugin. When I did this on Premiere on my less powerful laptop, off a USB3 HDD, it was slow to get started, sometimes laggy, but wasn't repeating previous frames. After a couple seconds, playback would even resume smoothly.

The timecode actually reverts back with the footage too.

Is this something to do with my settings, a new version of Premiere, drivers, etc?

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jozhua,

Sorry. This usually has to do with your Audio Hardware Preferences set to the wrong outputs. Can you check that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of Premiere Pro are you running?

Which driver version do you have installed for the GTX970?

For troubleshooting...

Have you tried Blackmagic RAW Player 1.4 to test the clips?  That, or Resolve?

Have you tried transcoding a few clips to a CODEC that works with Premiere Pro Smart Rendering (and more importantly, is supported directly in PR rather than via a 3rd party plug-in)?  I'd try Apple ProRes422 (HQ), but you could also go with Avid DNxHD.  Of course, be sure that your Sequence Video Preview settings match whatever you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines