Highlighted

Timeline unresponsive when Project Library is in icon view?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as import more than 2 clips of video or audio the timeline becomes unresponsive when the project library is set to icon view. I can't scrub or select anything-- I have to constantly toggle between icon and list view.

How is this even a bug? Does anyone know any other way to solve this issue? I am on the latest version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timeline unresponsive when Project Library is in icon view?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as import more than 2 clips of video or audio the timeline becomes unresponsive when the project library is set to icon view. I can't scrub or select anything-- I have to constantly toggle between icon and list view.

How is this even a bug? Does anyone know any other way to solve this issue? I am on the latest version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this problem before.

You may want to try re-setting preferences by holding down (ctrl/alt/shift) on Windows or (cmd/option/shift) on Mac  while the applications is starting to re-set the preferences. Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mongodargon,

Sorry for the trouble. What is the exact version number of Premiere Pro? Steps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

There is a new Premiere Pro update available, version 12.1. Please update using Creative Cloud & check the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for the response.

I just updated this morning. I am on 12.1.0 (build 186).

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce this in version 12.0.1 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).

All I have in my Library are a couple graphics, but being in icon view doesn't disrupt timeline behavior at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine for me if I only have 2 items or less in the Project Library. As soon as I add a 3rd item the timeline locks up.

Super weird.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the 12.1 update, and I still can't reproduce the issue.  I have 4 graphics in the Library, but the sequence in unaffected by that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mongodargon,

Have you tried resetting the preferences as suggested by RobShultz? Here are the steps: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing this issue, mongodargon? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know I am not mongodargon, but I have this same issue. It's a fresh install of CC2018 V12.1.1(build10)

Putting 1 item (audio or video) into my timeline works fine, adding a second freezes the whole thing. Switching to list view fixes the issue, but when i turn it back to icon view it freezes instantly. I can record this on video if needed. Is there any other information you need?

Stefan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, v12.1.2 build 69. Timeline became unresponsive and it's GUI only refreshes to current state when main menu is used. then stays in that state until next main menu use, no matter if you zoom in/out, play, select or do whatever in it. This issue goes away when the project window is switched to list view.

This issue is known since April. Is this supposed to be Adobe's so-called software as a service model? Laughable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Build v12.0.1 build 69. Running Windows 10. Luckily, I found this thread, because the program had become unusable when the project panel was in icon view. In list view, things appear to run as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2018 0