• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline will not Play?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today the timeline stopped working for all the projects I have been working on. If I press the play button nothing will move and oftentimes it gets itself stuck and will not allow me to "stop" the playback.

After a restart and uninstalling and reinstalling the program it finally showed changes when I would manually skim the sequence, but it refused to do so before.

All of the contents of the projects can play fine outside of premiere.

Would anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I just had a similar issue and managed to fix it.

Problem: Hitting the play button or 'space' would not make the video play. I could scrub through the video manually with the mouse, but no sound would come out.

Solution: Go into Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware

My device class was initially set to ASIO, because I'd been doing some live recording recently. I switched the device class to MME, and made sure the default output was to my speakers or headphones.

Hit OK, then I was able to hit 'space' or the play button to play the video normally, with normal sound. 😃

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey...you just really helped me....I had this same problem and it fixed the issue.  A big load off of my mind!    

Thanks!

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daitoshi,

YOU ARE AWESOME!!  After hours of frustration, you helped me workaround a PP flaw.

It all started when I stopped using wired headphones and switched to a wireless bluetooth headset.  When PP launched, it mentioned something about the audio connection previously used was not available, or something to that effect.  It took me to the audio settings that offered only one option.  It didn't not take me to the setting you mentioned.  When I followed your path, sure enough, mine was set to ASIO.  When I changed it to MME, my video timeline started working again.

Who would ever expect an AUDIO SETTING would disable the VIDEO timeline?   This isn't the first time I've had an audio setting mess up something else unrelated to audio.  You'd think these things could be fixed by Adobe, because this bug is  EASILY REPRODUCEABLE.  This implies a level of quality disinterest by Adobe.  You know they know about this FLAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok it worked for me to ! a big thnx !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey thanx !!!!!! i had the same problem amd now its working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread as was having a similar issue but found a different fix. I have three timelines open: two play and one will not. I can scrub. I can load the clips and they play any way I want but just one timeline would not. I noticed that the looping icon was active and turned it off. It now plays. I turn the loop back on: won't play. The other two timelines play whether or not the looping mode is on. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the saame issue, except I'm unable to find those audio settings under EDIT in photoshop. My photoshop is also not prompting me that there is an audio issue when I launch it.

How am I able to check my audio settings with photoshop CC 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I am too! Im using UHD 4k footage in a 1080p timeline, with some external high res audio files. Although premiere doesnt crash, i can no longer preview the visual or audio. Also when I load premiere it wont save my workspace to its exact parameters. I got to drag a bunch of the panels lower or bigger, as well as exit out of legacy text which keeps popping up on the right. Anyone have any actual fixes to this? It seems like this new update CC 2020 is a bit buggy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines