• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline won't show drag previews - another auto update another annoying problem

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since sometime in the last week, I am no longer getting previews of items dragged within the timeline.  I can't use snap because there is no preview for where I'm dragging it and the program doesn't recognize where the clip is.  Once I release the clip to drop it in a new spot it will move there but I'm just 100% guessing where it's going to go because I have no preview.  

Windows 10, Intel i7-8700k, GTX 1080, 32gb ram,Win 10 64-bit, Premiere Pro v15.2.0 build 35

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind...  I'll just reinstall premiere pro every time I have an issue. FIXED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just kidding - glitch is back.  No idea what is causing this - nothing has changed on my system lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also lumetri color panel is not working at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been having the same issues for a month now

No solution that I've found so far. Sometimes it'll be randomly working fine and then stop working mid project. Has something to do with the workspaces I think, but not positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Uninstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has already been recommended to me. It is not a permanent fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying, but this has never ever done anything for me and is always the first thing people say on these forums.  It's the equivalent of 'Did you try turning it off then on?'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loaded an old project and it works as it is supposed to both lumetri and timelime dragging.... For 1 second until I actually make that edit which breaks the program and now draggin in timeline doesn't work again.  WTF!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Specifically the moment I make a couple clips into a nested sequence - this appears to be breaking the timeline dragging functionality.  After nested sequence - no preview, CTRL Z to make the separate again and walla I have preview.  This makes 0 sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines