• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TimeVarying() for Text Source

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey im making a Premiere  CEP plugin thats allow you to manipulate effects on clips to achieve more complex fx using Math and logics,

currently i i got camera movement fx and staff like that (of course it has tons of keyframes lol).

today i got to mess around with the text "effect".

i know it is kinda new and works weirdly relative to other effects,

but i did manage to control and manipulate the text source (change the text itself),

and also to manipulate the 'Tracking' to my will using script.(thats the things i want to animate)

the thing is that from some reason the "TimeVarying()" return an error.

and after small check i found out that "areKeyframesSupported()" return false.

which is weird  because at Premiere Pro using the 'Effect Control' panel you can add keyframes to the 'Source Text' in the Text effect.

(yea it doesnt really animate it and its more like jumping from state to state as its move from keyframe to keyframe but it should work in script if i will use very fast keyframes with small change in values..)

i dont know if it is a bug or im missing something..

any help will be great!

thanx.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Yea, it doesn't look like source text interpolates at the moment, but most of the properties like Font, Alignment, etc don't interpolate in AE either, only do hold keyframes basically. So if you wanted an effect of cycling through fonts or something like that, you could make that with a ton of individual keyframes.

Which properties are you trying to animate specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it doesn't look like source text interpolates at the moment, but most of the properties like Font, Alignment, etc don't interpolate in AE either, only do hold keyframes basically. So if you wanted an effect of cycling through fonts or something like that, you could make that with a ton of individual keyframes.

Which properties are you trying to animate specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thanx for answering,

And yea i do want it to act like keyframe holds.

The property that im trying to animete is the "text source"

(the property that contain a huge text in JSON look-alike form (it is a string) with all the text's font, size, tracking, etc)

Basicly it is the "property[0]" in the Text effect.

And as i said earlier i cant activate the TimeVarying() for that property ..

Thanx again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, might not be possible with the current API. Can you post your full snippet so I can test on my end? (I'm not seeing any JSON type data from text source, just an unknown character: ੤.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that the wired part,

If you take that string you get ('੤') from the GetValue()  and split it at the 5 or 6 letter (cant remember, im currntly on a trip so i cant access the code i wrote) you will get a string that you can actually read, that string is looking like json but its isnt realy json.

(i dont know what is the first 5 characters tho)

I know its sounds wierd. Just use it like this:

Var sourceTextVal = propertie[0].getValue().substring(5);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah, nice detective work! Yea so if you split after the 4th character you can parse the JSON string:

JSON.parse(app.project.activeSequence.videoTracks[0].clips[0].components[3].properties[0].getValue().substring(4));

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep already know that xD.

You can also use setvalue and its actually works and update the text source

(you just need to keep it as the original text was before - with the first 4 letters)

I used string.replace to maintaine the correct string while chaneging things like the text itself.

I just need to find a way to actually use keyframes on it.

Thats my problem T.T

Got any idea how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, looks like a bug to me: sourceText.isTimeVarying() always returns false even if the stopwatch is enabled and keyframes exist for all the text properties. Also, sourceText.setTimeVarying(true) returns "Bad argument setTimeVarying" on Source Text and appears to do nothing for the rest of the Text properties.

@bbb_999 Can you confirm this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, were you able to change the MOGRT text that was created in PP?

I can get the values ​​in the 2019 version of PP. But when I try to replace the values, I get nothing instead of text, although the new text contains new values, when I get it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey did you find any solution for your quary , i am also goin through same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines