Highlighted

Timing mask tracking in video

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I put together a video highlight reel of sports clips and my goal is to apply an inverted mask on one player for a few seconds and then have the rest of the clip return to normal brightness. I am able to create the mask and mask path, but my problem is the player remains highlighted throughout the entire clip. What is the best way to accomplish this? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Timing mask tracking in video

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I put together a video highlight reel of sports clips and my goal is to apply an inverted mask on one player for a few seconds and then have the rest of the clip return to normal brightness. I am able to create the mask and mask path, but my problem is the player remains highlighted throughout the entire clip. What is the best way to accomplish this? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cut the clip to create an edit for the duration you want the effect to be applied and only apply your inverted mask to this part of the clip. I think that should work based on what you said ... but not sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @David5C5E ,

To add to @Steve Griffiths , suggestion, select the Razor tool (shortcut C), and cut the clip at the two points you want the effect.

Then go to the Effect controls panel and select the clip before and after your cuts, one at a time and remove the effect.

That should do it for you

Good luck

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also add a disolve between the cut clips to fade the effect in and out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0