• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tips for warp stabilizer on 60 minute clip?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I recently shot an outdoor event and had a couple elements that were present that normally wouldn't exist if it was done indoors. 1, there is slight undesired camera movement from the wind. 2, I was up on this rickety wooden platform that also presented some slight shakes with any movement. It's apparent through most of the video. 

I know warp stabilizer works really well, but my concern is trying to apply that to a clip that is about one hour. That would take forever. I have a pretty powerful PC, but we all know how long this effect's processing can take. Does anyone have any tips on how to make this faster? Does chopping up the video into "multiple clips" and applying it to all of them actually help instead of one? Or maybe even WS isn't the best effect to use on a clip that long? Hoping someone has had a similar situation and could provide some insight. 

Thanks ahead of time!!

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sort of work is a pain ... and of course, Warp was built originally expecting that it would be used for rescuing a short bit of a clip that couldn't be re-shot. And it is a massive user of CPU on the analyze part and GPU on the application part of the process.

For something like this, I would suggest going through and cutting it to smaller bits that have a specific shakiness. As when it analyzes, it will apply the same settings to the entire selected clip. Applying the same settings to the entire clip will probably not be optimal for your job.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines