• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title generator does not remember settings after reopening

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening the title generator in PP 15.1 but also all the 14.x versions - it does not remember the frame settings of the tools as well as it resizes the main view. When you correct the sizes of tools, properties etc., then you open a new or existing title, the frames shift. the left size grows, the left side shrinks until you can't read the content any more. This is extremly time consuming to correct for each title. This was working in old version and its a time consuming regression! Any fix appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It sounds like you're using the LEGACY Titler for your text. This is a known issue and unfortunately it's not going to be fixed; everything is moving to the Essential Graphics text editor. I would familiarize yourself with that tool as the Legacy Titler may not be around much longer...

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - ok - I did not even see any announcement or warnuing that the title generator is discontinued. It was working fine in CC2015 and when I moved to the latest version it suddenly was broken.

So you say, I need to get familiar with the new Essential Graphics editor. I will take a look, thanks for your answer!

Best Regards, Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I justed watched a couple of tutorial videos of the EGT - this one does not seem to fulfill my requirements. It simply does things by far too complex and offers features that I only need in After Effects. Simple titles with a complex text style seem to be unsupported (inner and outer lines, different kind of shadows etc.). 

So me this looks like a big step backwards - so basically the oposite of what I'm expecting from Adobe paying a monthly fee instead of buying the product. 

The bare minimum I expect from a successor is 100% the functions that was available before and 100% compatibility with existing titles. This does not seem to be matched.

I highly urge that Adobe fixes these simple bugs in the old title generator.

Thanks, Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cartsen,

I'm not sure which tutorials you watched but I urge you to look at the Essential Graphics panel again and try some basic titles -- you'll see that many features you mention are all available and easy to modify. Ignore the 'Browse' tab and switch to 'Edit.' Grab the text tool and simply click on your sequence to start typing. Select the new text layer created in the Edit tab and scroll down to see all your available options -- position, scale, rotation, opacity, font, size, color, stroke, drop shadow, etc. (you can also adjust these in the Effects Controls). It's all there. Once more, you'll find some powerful options once you get used to the workflow -- the ability to stack multiple text blocks together in the same graphic, adding shapes, and giving them all a common intro and outro animation and even responsive design. Basic text like lower thirds is a breeze. You also don't have to worry about carefully duplicating titles to avoid inadvertent changes; each copy on the timeline is a unique graphic. 

FWIW I'm not an Adobe employee and my observations about the Legacy Titler are not based on any announcement, just what I've seen over the last few versions. Adobe has continued to add to Essential Graphics and it seems to be here to stay; the bugs you mention with the Legacy Titler have not been fixed in a long time so my assumption is they never will be and that LT will one day be gone. If you feel strongly about features still being missing I would urge you to make a request on the Adobe User Voice page and be specific about what features you want to see in Essential Graphics: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines