Exit

Title Legacy: Copy+Paste changes effect every single Pasted Layer

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using: Premiere Pro 2019

Summary:
I'm creating introductory text for every topic/chapter in my video, and to speed up the process, I will start by creating the 1st text layer via Title Legacy and when I'm done editing the text effect in the layer, I will copy+paste it into the next topic/chapter and then all I need to do is change the text, then repeat process until finished.

I realized after that when I change the text in the (copy+paste) layers, it is somehow linked to every single text layer prior and changes the text for those layers as well (even when I am only selecting the 1 selected layer)

So, as a work around I was going to swap out Title Legacy for New Text Layer (NTL) as the NTL does not link to previous copy+paste layers. However, the NTL does not have 'Underline' setting inside Essential Graphics window, only the Title Legacy does. 

I could simply create a new Title Legacy for every single text but that would require me to redo every single text setting and re-align it as well.. so it'd be a lot of wasted time.
I'm hoping theres a fix where you can copy+paste the Title Legacy layer but have it un-linked like the New Text Layer natural is.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

If you alt drag in the timeline you get an unique copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Underline in 2019 but might still want to get used to EGP.

You can fake it with drawing a line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you alt drag in the timeline you get an unique copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I wouldn't want to fake the underline as I'm doing a text reveal with mask effect so that would just add double to work. Not ideal lol but the ALT+drag worked!!! I did not know alt+drag was different from copy+paste. THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain this?  I just tried alt-drag and it moved the item, but when I altered the text after that, it still changed the text on EVERY ONE of the items like it on my timeline.  

How can I simply do "normal" copy/paste to create new instances of a title that are not linked to other ones?

Here is the kind of thing I'm talking about.  The circled items are each titles.  I created the first one by dragging from the "add titles" pane, then created the others by copying and pasting that first one and modifying the text.

Todd28395784vyo8_0-1681480993636.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines