Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

top "main" bar dissapeared

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone 

So i just changed window to Mac and trying to work here suddenly top "main" bar with "file" "edit" "sequences" "window" etc dissapeared. I don't know how to bring it back. Someone recomended "command+\" shortcut but it just make frame dissapear or appear but not the "file" main top bar. 

88194D15-1440-46CE-91F0-5444957F04AB.png

please help!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

On a Mac, application menu doesn't appear within the application itself like it does on Windows. On a Mac, your application menu will appear right on the top of your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, application menu doesn't appear within the application itself like it does on Windows. On a Mac, your application menu will appear right on the top of your screen.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Marek

Thank you for taking a look at my problem. 

I researched every element on top of the screen and creation cloud for a case and didn't manage to find application menu. Looking at tutorial videos on Youtube people who work on Mac has this bar but I dont. I tried to reset settings but nothing works. Now I additionally got a problem with oversaturated colors after I import the video file into Premiere and I can't get into "edit - preferences" to fix it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out. 3days of using Mac. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you worked it out 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Mac OS there is a selection in the system prefernces that makes the File menu go away. But it should reappear if you move your mouse pointer to the top of the screen. You can turn this functionality off in Mac System Preferences > General > Automatically hide and show menu bar (checkbox).

Is this perhaps your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking on my problem. 
I checked it and unfortunatelly "automatically hide and show menu bar" was off and it wasnt helpful 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think there is a keyboard shortcut which hides and shows the menu bar but can't remember what it is 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines