• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Audio Effects not rendering

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need help with what seems a bug in Premiere.

In the Preview, while editing, I can clearly hear the audio effects applied on a certain track working. However, when I render out the video the effects are missing and I'm left with basically the raw audio (the audio is a simple stereo  WAV recorded from a Zoom H6)

I've tried rendering the audio only, same results.

I've tried re-routing the audio track to a Submix, still no change.

I've tried Render and Replace, I've tried rendering the audio file separately and putting it back on the same track and rendering again. Still no effect applied.

I also tried switching the audio hardware to ASIO4ALL, and also tried rendering audio both AAC and MPG, no difference.

I've tried nesting the audio and having a sequence on the track with the effects applied, no change.

I've tried placing the sequence with the tracks that has the effects inside a parent clean sequence, no change.

I'm running out of ideas...

In the image: green one is track 4 (SOLOed because I'm working on it to find a solution). None of the visible effects applied work (Dehummer, EQ, Comp)

Untitled-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when I restarted the project the dehumm effect had reverted to it's uncustomized state, so definitely a bug.

gotta move on to some other things, but if I have the time, I'll see about saving the preset and see if that works.

If you can report the bug, that'd be great.  Just do a quick search here for "how to report a bug" and feel free to mention that I've confirmed it...  but exporting individual clips should be a temporary workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so saving the preset preserves the settings so you can delete the applied effect in the clip and reapply the preset:  an even better workaround...  still a bug and I gotta thank you for your patience.  Frankly many of the posts here are caused by operator error and it's not always possible to figure out what's going on remotely particularly when people are not answering all our questions in a systematic fashion.  Let me know if you have any further questions/comments.  I'll try and recreate your workflow when I have some time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you didn't see my latest post re: saving the preset.  It does export properly at least as an aiff and you can save the preset which preserves your settings.  No argument at all with your frustrations.  but I've been doing this for a very long time and I am always happy to figure out a workaround so I can get the job done... rather than waiting for the bug to be fixed.  If you cannot export or save the preset with my workflow, post back and I'll do some more digging.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We must have sent it at the same time. Then, I was not able to log back in until now.

Good to know it's a repeatable problem. Thanks for checking. Let me know if you find anything further.

Aside from having already submitted this to the Suggestion/Bug forum, is there any recourse to get this to a software engineer to get on a bug fix list?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've posted or "upvoted" an issue on their UserVoice system, that's gone directly to the engineers. All posts there are logged by at least one engineer, and all posts in collated form are sent to the upper managers who determine budgets and such from their metrics.

Said "upper managers" are actually above the program managers.

They have some sort of internal process for determining priorities, which clearly has a heavy 'control' from the input of the M&E (marketing and experience) folks ... who aren't in the programs but study metrics of the user-base and who knows what else to determine what the crystal ball is saying. And they tell the program managers what to do.

Although the UserVoice is a significant part of that, it's not the only input. I've had program managers roll their eyes when talking about some of the things that get heavy support on UserVoice ... with a group of editor-users standing there stunned. But ... it's what we as users can use to try to influence things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen 

Thanks for the information. I'm sure it can't be easy. I'm just hoping the "M&E" folks understand we are not out here whining about some piece of "freeware," complaining that this free software doesn't have this feature or that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some experience being interviewed by the M&E people at NAB. It is an "interesting" perspective as they are totally consumed with a rather theorectical view of the use of the program, even as to how people get "into" video post.

They totally look for usable data metrics, and the actual experience, if not expressible in clear data points, is basically of no interest to them. I'm sure they are highly capable professionals.

I am also sure they have little if any intellectual nor emotional connection with those of use using these programs. It's a different world they inhabit.

And this difference can drive the program people to despair as much as it does us users. Every engineer I've talked with is also one heck of a good editor. They love working with the app. But they don't control what's done with the app.

Not a perfect world, shall we say. I would really wish the M&E types were more interested in actuall simple interviews of the users for the emotional experience & frustrations so many of us have.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier  As stated previously...

"

I performed yet another experiment...

-New CC2020 project

-My new camera footage MOV (uses uncompressed PCM audio)

-My old camera footage HDV (MPEG1-layer2 audio)

-A WAV file

-An MP3 audio file

Placed all these on the timeline. Placed DeHummer on each clip. Placed DeHummer on the track. Saved project. Played timeline. Effect audible. Closed project. Opened project. Effect non-functional. Still on timeline and clips, but with the "flatline" value as in previous pictures (shown again below)

I also tried just a single instance of DeHummer. Same issue."

So yes, as stated, I have used the de-hummer on the track AND the clip.

To your statement about heavy lifting: Yes, that's definitely an option. But then why have audio plugins in PPro for simple tasks like this?

And as far as workflow, everyone has somehting different. I work at at PBS broadcast television station producing television programming and wear several different hats. Of the several I wear, one is as an audio engineer, and another is an editor, and have been doing so for over 25 years. So, not really new to this. Just noticed that something that has worked for some time is now no longer working and I'm trying to get it fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue and it's driving me up the wall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in my Premiere 14.9.0 (Build 52) - latest and probably final version of Premiere 2020. The DeHummer effect seems to have little to no effect on the audio in a video exported to H.264 + AAC. And also when I quit Premiere and reopen the project later, the DeHummer parameters are all missing - the same flatline graphic as thxapproved2 posted.

It seems like the DeHummer settings persist as they should when I'm saving the project while continuing to work on it, without closing Premiere, but now I see that after closing Premiere and reopening it, the DeHummer settings are gone again. So frustrating!

I'm on Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6 on a Macbook Pro 15" 2019. This project was started in a previous revision of Premiere 2020, probably around v14.5, and is part of a Production.

I guess I will have to try the round-trip to Audition as a workaround. Frustrating to have to spend time researching this bug and performing laborious workarounds on this project with 30+ deliverable sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the UserVoice post with the most votes ... PLEASE, everyone ... go to this link and upvote! The Adobe upper managers live by metrics, and the UserVoice is actually one of their main data-input portals. Give 'em some data!

Neil

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35304709-fix-dehummer-when-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This DeHumm export error also drives me crazy. At least I've found a way to workaround this issue:

1) Export the (incorrect) audio track(s) as a wave format

2) Open wave in Audition, apply deHumm and process export 

3) Import new (audition) wave into Premieres project and replace affected audio track(s)

Now Premiere can't mess up any deHumm effect any more when rendering your clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same bug is also happening with DeReverb. Wasted lots of export time on an hour-long plus program with incorrect audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my freshly installed version 15.0.0 (Build 14). If have several VST audio effects on one audio track and Premiere Pro does not export them most of the time. Sometimes it does work, but most of the time this is not the case. Playback in Premiere Pro is always correct with all effects applied.

Is there any solution or workaround in the meantime?

Every is set up from scratch: Windows 10, Premiere Pro and the VST audio effects from Waves are installed freshly and with all the latest updates.

This is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure the Waves plug-ins are compatible with Premiere 15?  3rd party plugins often have issues after a major premiere update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, how do I check this? They seem to work properly as they do their job in playback mode. When I play the video in Premiere Pro, all effects are applied all the time. And sometimes they are also exported. But most of the time they are not in the final exported version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with the people that make the plug-in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you get a fix for this by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if anyone's still around on this issue, but I ran into it this week and found a solution. In the rack effects, you have to pick a preset and then change the preset to match your needs. The default preset locks at doing nothing for some reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure it will be helpful for other users too.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped!! Thank you a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any working solutions so far? It's been fine for me before the latest update. But now I have to set presets on my audio plugins in premier every time I open a project. For some reason it doesn't recall the settings... And even when everything is set up and playback is good - I can hear all audio FXs applied - rendered video still has raw unprocessed audio. No matter what I use to render (direct rendering or AME). I read above that this might happen for projects that's been re-saved from previous Premier Pro versions... but what if making a new project from scratch isn't an option? @"render and replace" audio seems like the only option. Or am I missing anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times the best way to migrate a project to a new version is to duplicate the project file. Then in the new major version, as in 2022 to 2023 ... create a new project file. Then from the MediaBrowser, select the duped project file, right-click ... and import the sequences.

You can clearly keep working in the older version, and test the new version with that project.

And please ... now that they've changed this forrum to ALSO host bugs & ideas, post the ttroubles you are having in detail in a new post, choosing the Bug 'type' of post.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey any solution for this? I have the same problem "I can hear all audio FXs applied in playback but rendered video still has raw unprocessed audio."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings...  and tell us which audio fix you've applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines