• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TRACK MATT IN PREMIERE PRO

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO. I want to matt a footage clips, using a seperate track matt. I want the ability to move and scale the footage but keep the track matt where it is. Is it possible to do in the same comp? I have found a work around by nesting the footage and changing the scale and position in the nest, but its not the greatest situation.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can scale and position the track matte and the video clip independantly as seen in the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXEhP8TH7c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched that vdieo earlier and can see nothing that shows me that you can move and scale the clip layer, that contains the track matte, separately to the track matt.  When you reposition or scale the clip layer, the track matte does the same.
C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to use the track matte filter tonight but unless things have changed you can position and scale the video clip and the matte independant from one another (the video demonstrates that). What else would you need control over? Maybe a few screen shot would clear things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mask with shape.jpg

afbeelding.png

mask with custom shape.jpg

Forget about the Legacy titler.

Concentrate on the Ess Graphics.

Make shape.

Drop footage in EG under shape.

Check Mask with Shape.

In the Effect control animate footage any way you like.

Shape/matte will stay put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure Ian's matte was created with the The Essential Graphics and not Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, I should have stated that, the track matte is a psd.
if i make the matt in Prem with shapes, is there a way of being acurate with the measurements of the mask, create it with numebrs rather than by hand and by eye?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Guides for drawing in the EG. Turn on snapping in the Program Monitor.

If you want to use the PSD and the track matte effect then yes nesting is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Ill try that. Can you slip the footage timing using this method? As well as moving the or scaling the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines