• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Matte Key Causing Source Video to Disappear

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this issue for some time, and I am using Windows 10 with Version 14.9.0 installed. I am not sure how reproducible this issue is, because sometimes my Track Matte Key works as expected, and other times it does not. I am using a PSD file as the source for my Track Matte Key, and have it located right above a nested video sequence that I want to have a cropped effect for. The PSD file only has a transparent layer and a white raster graphic on the second layer, which masks in the correct video cropping. Sometimes this crops correctly, but other times, like now, it does not work. My track matte key effect is set onto the nested video sequence (Video 2). Once I set the source on the track matte key to Video 3 where the PSD file is located, my Video 2 layer video disappears. None of the elements on the timeline actually disappear; it's just the video that disappears from the program view. I can also confirm that before I set the source on the Track Matte Key, I am able to see the PSD file image I place on there in its transparent and white form. If there's any other information and clarification I can provide, do ask because I am not sure how clear my description of this issue is. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

effect controls.PNGtimeline.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Your track matte clip is longer in time than the psd matte. Hence the disappearing on the left and right side.

Both need to be the same length. And check the clips inside the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the matte the same pixel size as the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not sure how to check that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of timeline and Effect Controls with the track matte effect highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

effect controls.PNGtimeline.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your track matte clip is longer in time than the psd matte. Hence the disappearing on the left and right side.

Both need to be the same length. And check the clips inside the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh okay I see, I didn't know they had to be the same in length. Thanks for the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines