• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Select Tool Shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to select everything in front of the playhead without using the mouse?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called track select forward ... hit the A key in the timeline panel and typically you get that tool. But you would still need to actually select the clips somehow ... huh. As in hit the A key, then click somewhere, drag ... everything to the right will be selected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thank you. However, what I'm looking for is a way not to use the mouse, meaning a shortcut that would allow me to select everything ahead of the playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't anything I've heard of. Sorry to say.

Much of editing involves a mouse/cursor tool. One of the things I'm working on with my Tangent Elements panel is remapping so many graphics, editing, and audio functions to it ... including using the trackballs as a mouse at times ... so my hands don't have to leave that control surface very often.

I can see where you might say select everything to the right, and nudge it over X frames. Which could be handy if totally keyboard based was possible. But at this time, even with the track->forward tool, you do have to click to select those items.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Neil! I appreciate your response and the idea you presented as for the remapping. All the best to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines