Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcode material while editing it

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working in a project with original MP4 Sony codec. Now that I have my first cut, want to transcode my first cut to Apple Pro Res 422HQ. To get a better playback and also work fast in Lumetri. How can I transcode only my first cut clips? Can I export my final cut in Apple Prores HQ or should I export original Sony MP4?

I have an Ryzen 7 2700x and a GPU Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB, 32 GB Ram. If I work with lots of original 4k Sony MP4 my Premeire get slow. It works well, but you can fell mp4 is getting heavy.  

Is a good ideia to edit original Sony MP4 clips? Have seen a lot of people working original Sony MP4. And their computer is like mine.  Am I missing something? For me, transcode is a rule, but in this projetc my Apple Prores were so large and keep this Apple Prores transcode material was a problem. So I am working withe the original clips because the clip size. 

Thanks a lot.

Fernando Alves
Editor
TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?