• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer the sequences' cuts to another sequence

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to transfer the cuts that I have on a certain sequence to another?

I explain:

• I have 2 video files with the same footage but taken from 2 different cameras
  • I have already divided the first to eliminate (in a second moment) the silent moments
  • I want to replicate the same divisions to the other video

How can I do this?

Untitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Been thinking about this and here's another way I would do it.

I'm on MacOS and I use Keyboard Maestro to build macros for lots of different things

So in Premiere Pro keyboard shortcuts, the down arrow advances your CTI (Current Time Indicator) to the next edit point in your timeline. The next keyboard shortcut you'd need would be Command+K to "Add Edit".

In Keyboard Maestro I stacked those two shortcuts and tied them to one shortcut so now I am only hitting one shortcut instead of multiple keys

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually put both clips on the same timeline and line them up so they are in sync. Then I apply the cuts to both clips at the same time. If you haven't deleted anything yet from your first video clip you can probably add your second clip to your timeline and line everything up and then go through and add in your added to the new video clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do this normally but this time this is the situation, I am searching for a way to do it automatically, the footage is very long. In addition to this, a similar method would be very interesting in many other contexts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One method comes to mind.

Take the camera 2 footage and edit it to make it start at the same time and be the same length as the camera 1 footage, either by trimming the clip or adding black to the length. 

Then use the 'replace footage' option in the Project Panel to swap the camera 1 file with the new trimmed camera 2 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could work but the problem is that I have discovered that the cut footage is made by 3 different videos 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been thinking about this and here's another way I would do it.

I'm on MacOS and I use Keyboard Maestro to build macros for lots of different things

So in Premiere Pro keyboard shortcuts, the down arrow advances your CTI (Current Time Indicator) to the next edit point in your timeline. The next keyboard shortcut you'd need would be Command+K to "Add Edit".

In Keyboard Maestro I stacked those two shortcuts and tied them to one shortcut so now I am only hitting one shortcut instead of multiple keys strokes to move the CTI, apply the edit, then move to the next edit point.

Then making sure I have the proper track targeting and locking the tracks I don't want edits to I can quickly move down my timeline applying edits as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This is a very cool idea! I will use Autohotkey (Windows), I think I will be able to replicate the steps with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines