• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Effect Error

Contributor ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why adding any number of shutter angle in the transform effect cause to unpredictable changes in scale and position?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you seem to be doing presets, and while creating the presets you are creating them on

a smaller sequence (1920x1080) or so...

Keep in mind that when creating presets, you have to decide BEFORE you start keyframing

on which settings you will be working, if it is a 2160p sequence, you have to create your

keyframes on a 2160p sequence before saving them as presets and apply them ONLY on

2160p footage or nested seq.

Everything must be exactly matched, before you start thinking of what presets you are going

to create, think of what output you will be delivering ? and follow the exact same settings

throughout the whole process. Presets created on a 1920x1080 sequence will never work

properly on a 2160p sequence or clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, It's not the question.

I'm talking about one simple thing: there is no way to apply shutter angle to the sequence which has resolution different from the main sequence and get right animation. It means you can't use scale and not to loose quality when your footage larger than main sequence.

Is there anything we can do with this problem besides animating position at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested your preset in a clip and it worked perfectly in:

1920X1080

2704X1524

4096X2160, and also in a 1920X1080 sequence in frame size.

What it does not say is the size of its image, because if it does not have 1080X1080, it has moved the anchor point and the position, it is the only way in which it had an erratic behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works perfectly only when the sequence and the footage have the same resolution.

So, shutter angle does not work properly without nest. It means If your footage bigger then you will lose quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then start a feature request, i don't think it should be classified as a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it do not allow me to set the scale of the clip to 0, instead it displays the clip at 100 even though the property reads 0. Now I'm changing 0 scale to 0.1 in my old presets.

It is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay then lets file a bug, do that and we will vote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sorry, in my previous response I focused more on the initial comment, and it seems I misunderstood it, than in the rest of the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current workaround is to make the transformations with the motion controls, then replace with After Effects composition, turn on motion blur on the layer and the sequence then save and go back to Premiere. Not ideal, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been present in Premiere for at least 2 years (I've been using the Transform Effect massively prior to the bug), and I just found a (better) way to fix it. I was doing the nested sequence fix to circumvent the issue, but I now happen to be in front of a footage in a higher resolution than the sequence, and I want to keep the quality while doing motion blur effect.

The problem lies within the Anchor Points and Positions of the Transform Effect.

Clip Resolution : 4992x3744
Sequence Resolution : 3840x2160
[Motion] Anchor Point : 2496x1872
[Transform] Anchor Point : 1920x1080 (Modified from default value)
[Transform] Position : 1920x1080 (Modified from default value)
[Transform] Use Composition Shutter Angle : OFF
[Transform] Shutter Angle : 360
Renderer : Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)

All you need to do is to bring back the Achor Point and Position of your clip in the Transform Effect to the center of your sequence (1920x1080 for a sequence of 3840x2160). The faster way to test if it worked is to turn off the Composition's Shutter Angle, add a Shutter Angle of at least 1, and add a Rotation of 90 degrees or 180 degrees. Perfect center means everything else will work as expected.

This is not a driver issue (as I've read this comment elsewhere), this is clearly a bug introduced in Premiere Pro in April 2018, somewhere between version 12 and 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expereinced the same issue which what lead me to this thread. I was trying to use a 4K footage in a 1080p sequence for zoom in. It definitely seems like a bug. My work around is to reset the achor points and positions of transform effect to 960 x 540. This centred the anchor point for me on a 4k footage. hope this helps.

hussnainm23670929_0-1586870553244.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Not sure if you're still having these issues, but what usually works for me since this happens a lot, is once you uncheck "Use Composition's Shutter Angle," go to the Transform effect's anchor point and set it to the center of your workspace rather than the center of your clip. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Стокнулся с такой же проблеммой, как только включаешь Shutter Angle изображение смещается и работает не правильсно, но стоит отключить CUDA  и перевести проект в softwary only  все начинает работать правильно. Глюку 2 года а Адоб его так и не исправил.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been running into this issue for years as well, and sadly this still hasn't been resolved. I'm working on a Apple Macbook M1 Max. This issue takes away the only possibility to add motion blur in premiere pro, please resolve this @Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines