• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Effect Kneecaps My Computer

Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something wrong with the Transform effect in Premiere. On both my PC and Mac, when I use it, the computer slows to a crawl and/or kernel panics and restarts. I use it primarily to facilitate a Ken Burns effect on photos, so I grow them a little bit. When I use it that way, I don't have huge problems, it just takes like five minutes more to export. BUT, when I use the scale effect by itself with no keyframes, and especially combined with Gaussian Blur and a moving photo above it, it crashes my computer.

This is a very useful effect and automates a process that usually takes a tediously long time. (Making the photo push in with blurry photo border) so it's sad that for some reason this effect knee caps both my computers. Please look into this, Adobe! Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danield25437812,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Please let us know the version of Premiere Pro & the system specs (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM). Also, what is the resolution of the media files you are working with? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with 640x480 video files in 1920x1080 sequences, putting the effect only on image files of different specs and dimensions. It seems to happen randomly between image file types, sometimes making my export taking up to five minutes longer.

The WORST is when I have transform effect on an image, then below the image I have the same image blurred out, and use transform to increase its scale. That causes my computer to stop entirely.

The last time it happened was on my 15" Macbook Pro Intel Core i9 16GB RAM Late 2019 model.

It also happens on my PC:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79GHz

32GB RAM

Windows 10 v 20H2

GeForce 1070 Founders Edition 8GB VRAM

Premiere v. 15.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might not be understanding, but are you using the Transform effect from the Distort folder and dropping that on the picture? Or the built in transform (Motion) properties every object gets by default in PP.

It sounds like your only using the motion properties, scale and maybe position... if so, are you using the motion properties where you don't drop on a (Transform) effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using the Transform effect from the distort folder. Its so I don't have to keyframe every single photo I have, instead I can drop on the transform effect with the scale increasing by 5. Takes one second. But then exports take WAY longer, and if I put transform effects on top of eachother on two image files, for instance, it crashes my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save a preset using the default scaling, seems like it is the same, without having to add a new Transform effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could but Premiere doesn't have the option to increase scale by percent as a property. I can only go from one set scale to another and pics are all different sizes. The transform effect allows me to increase a photo's scale by 5, which is universal. So that's not an opition as a time-saving measure, unfortuntaely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines