Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transforming landscape videos to portrait

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i have some videos that were shot in landscape mode.

now i want to transform them in portrait.

it is something like this:

landscape-16.jpg

to transform to this

landscape-16 - Copy.jpg

how do i do this?

i have searched in google with some related keywords but i am really not able to find a video that would help me

maybe i need to use some other keywords?

smb can do me the favor of helping me a bit?

thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi BobMarley  - I have just the solution. Follow these 5 steps (below) and you will be well on your way to exporting your portrait video.  Let me know if it was helpful and correct. Cheers! - PremiereGal

1. First create a new sequence with custom dimensions of 1080 horizontal x 1920 vertical. After you create a new sequence, select, a 1080p preset, such as DSLR 1080p 24 fps, then hit the settings tab, here change the dimensions to be portrait. See screenshot, then hit okay.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.44.00 PM.png

2. You will now see th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just set the framesize to 1080x 1920 instead of 1920x1080 in the sequence setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when i export the video on the left and right is filled with black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BobMarley,

You need to scale your footage in 1080 x 1920 sequence to get rid of those black bars.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the export summary form the Export Settings Pane, like the example below:

ME Export settings.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BobMarley  - I have just the solution. Follow these 5 steps (below) and you will be well on your way to exporting your portrait video.  Let me know if it was helpful and correct. Cheers! - PremiereGal

1. First create a new sequence with custom dimensions of 1080 horizontal x 1920 vertical. After you create a new sequence, select, a 1080p preset, such as DSLR 1080p 24 fps, then hit the settings tab, here change the dimensions to be portrait. See screenshot, then hit okay.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.44.00 PM.png

2. You will now see that your sequence is in portrait mode.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.44.26 PM.png

3. Drag your video into the sequence, be sure to click on "Keep existing settings" when prompted.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.44.35 PM.png

4.  You then will see your video you need to adjust the position and scale of the video under Effects controls to reposition the video to fill the frame.

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.44.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.45.22 PM.png

5.  Then once you get all your clips in place following the above step, go up to File > Export > Media... And you can keep it at Match Source- High Bitrate. Then hit export, you should be good now!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 9.45.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines