• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transition Effects Not working

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with some transition effects not working. The Wipe and dissolves are not working, but zooms are. It seems to be an issue with only some of the tranisitions. 

I am on a 2020 MacBook Pro, Big Sur v 11.4 and using Premiere 2021 v 15.2

I have tried resetting my Adobe settings, rendering in only software, and even uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere. Please help!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have handles on those clips? Something a lot of new users struggle with is the concept of handles.

Transitions work by using a "bleed-in" on the second clip while "bleeding out" the first clip. But there has to be clip there to use. So if you have simply butted two un-trimmed clips against each other, there are no handles for the transition to use.

If you trim back a second or so from the end of the first clip, then trim in a second or so on the second clip ... you now have "handle". Which means that your transitions can work properly.

Look at my example ... see the little triangles in the upper corner at the ends of some clips? That means the clip use on the sequence goes to the end of the full clip ... or starts at the beginning of it.

See that middle clip? It has no triangles ...and the beginning of the third clip has no triangles.

So a transition would work between the second and third clips (which both have available clip for the extra frames needed) but would not work between the first two clips as the fist clip does not have any extra frames.

Neil

Handles.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines