• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transition preset by having a cricle roll over the screen

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have an After Effects composition in which some sort of circle rolls from the right to the left (the height of the circle is equal to the entire screen). I want to use this in PPro as a transition. So, the places where the circle has passed show the new clip, and the places where the circle has yet to come still show the old clip. I know how to do this using masks etc, but then I'd have to create these masks every time I want to apply this transition. My question is if it's possible to create some sort of preset for this (doesn't matter whether it's in PPro or AE).

I'm not sure if my question is clear, basically I'd like to be able to apply this transition by just dragging it on the sequence over 2 clips, without having to adjust the masks of the clips every time.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the sounds of it you just need to apply a standard 'Wipe' transition and then put your rolling circle clip (with an alpha channel on it) above the transition. Not exactly one step but much simpler than using masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Mike says a horizontal wipe timed to fit the rolling circle should work. And after you've created it once - you can copy and paste the wipe the next time you want to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines